That being said, what the hell was wrong with the PA at Rios?
It seemed each act had their fair share of problems, either mics dropping out or no volume or no monitors - all very annoying.
Moving swiftly onwards...
Eureka Machines were a very pleasant surprise. I went to the gig without any knowledge of them or their music and, to be honest, didn't expect much. The first act in a three act show is, more often than not, a bit average but Eureka Machines completely blew me away. Great show, good tunes.
Laika Dog were a bit of a disappointment. I used to love Terrorvision back in the day and therefore, was expecting these guys to rock my world. Maybe I set my expectations a little too high because I felt a little crushed when listening to them. The band looked bored, the music was very average and my pervading thought throughout the show was 'when will they finish'.
Ginger was fantastic. Pretty much what I was expecting. The songs sounded great and the band played really well throughout. The banter was top quality from Ginger. I would have liked to have heard more from the other guys but thats not a big deal.
Overall - a pretty decent show.


