Page 1 of 1

What time does it all kick off tonight?

PostPosted: 22nd Feb 08, 15:44
by Assmask
I'm off to Riffs but I don't want to turn up hours before the doors open as I'll be a shambling drunk by the time Ginger comes on.

PostPosted: 22nd Feb 08, 16:24
by filobeto
Was wondering same thing myself. Last time WH were there I think it was about 8ish...
You gonna be having a shandy beforehand anywhere?

PostPosted: 22nd Feb 08, 16:47
by Zo
I think doors are usually 7.30, but i may be completely wrong. No idea what time the bands start tho - maybe phone them?

PostPosted: 22nd Feb 08, 18:03
by Assmask
Well i guess time will tell. I'm going now so I am having some shandies. If you're bored and alone then I'm the guy sat bored and alone with green cargo trousers and a blue jumper.

PostPosted: 22nd Feb 08, 18:34
by Zo
We look like jack sprat and his wife and will be mostly found outside smoking.

Trust me, you'll spot us!

Zo
x

PostPosted: 22nd Feb 08, 23:40
by Andy
It all kicks off when somebody spills somebody's pint. :)
Soz couldn't resist.

PostPosted: 23rd Feb 08, 11:09
by filobeto
Think there's a good chance Assmask spilled a few last night if he was the fella I'm thinking off, swaying around with a bottle of Broon!

PostPosted: 23rd Feb 08, 20:28
by Assmask
LOL! You got me. Pissed as a fart. All I remember was "This is only a problem".

I would like to say it was a good night but I don't remember.

PostPosted: 23rd Feb 08, 21:51
by Andy
Assmask wrote:LOL! You got me. Pissed as a fart. All I remember was "This is only a problem".

I would like to say it was a good night but I don't remember.


No offence but why do people feel the need to get totally pissed at a gig. As you end up not remembering anything. Was the same myself but got tired of not remembering anything about the gigs. These gigs are one off moments in time and its great to remember what they were like. Now a days I just have a drink before I get to the venue and then after the gig. Venue prices way too high also.

PostPosted: 24th Feb 08, 01:18
by Col
No offence but why do people feel the need to get totally pissed at a gig.


It's my job :D

Chance would be a fine thing, i end up driving more often than not.

PostPosted: 24th Feb 08, 18:36
by Assmask
Andy wrote:
Assmask wrote:LOL! You got me. Pissed as a fart. All I remember was "This is only a problem".

I would like to say it was a good night but I don't remember.


No offence but why do people feel the need to get totally pissed at a gig. As you end up not remembering anything. Was the same myself but got tired of not remembering anything about the gigs. These gigs are one off moments in time and its great to remember what they were like. Now a days I just have a drink before I get to the venue and then after the gig. Venue prices way too high also.



No offence taken, I really wish I had exercised more restraint. Now all I have is almost zero memory of Ginger and am left with a vague feeling of unease in case I inadvertantly acted like a tosser.

Pity as I remember starting to talk to some pretty decent people but I think I alarmed them due to my intoxicated state.

One good thing was that I DO remember a lot of Eureka Machines - that Chris Catalyst is a very talented and eloquent chap isn't he? I will be checking out more of their stuff.