Page 1 of 3
Glasgow Gig

Posted:
3rd Dec 08, 14:52
by EvilElvis
Solid before hand?
Oh and rumours abounding of a certain band doing something in George Sq tomorrow afternoon....
According to Rock Radio
Re: Glasgow Gig

Posted:
3rd Dec 08, 14:58
by godofhaircare
EvilElvis wrote:Solid before hand?
Oh and rumours abounding of a certain band doing something in George Sq tomorrow afternoon....
According to Rock Radio
Whats this dude? Am I going to have to skip work tomo and hang around in George Square all day?
Probably have a couple in the solid, but me and my mate were thinking about going to McCools for a few beforehand, only a suggestion though
Re: Glasgow Gig

Posted:
3rd Dec 08, 17:16
by EvilElvis
godofhaircare wrote:EvilElvis wrote:Solid before hand?
Oh and rumours abounding of a certain band doing something in George Sq tomorrow afternoon....
According to Rock Radio
Whats this dude? Am I going to have to skip work tomo and hang around in George Square all day?
Probably have a couple in the solid, but me and my mate were thinking about going to McCools for a few beforehand, only a suggestion though
One of the girls on another forum I am on informed me of the Rock Radio plans. WIll send out a few emails to see what the story is.
Think I'll take a taxi from Solid to Barras - Gonna be baltic tomorrow apparently

Posted:
3rd Dec 08, 18:38
by godofhaircare
They are going to be interviewed live from George Square in the Rock Radio caravan at about 1pm tomorrow.
Get down there and see the band

Posted:
3rd Dec 08, 20:11
by firedup
anyone know if there will be any tickets left on the door?
Am arriving about 8, not sure whether to risk it...
PS. Staying in George sq, is this far from barrowlands?

Posted:
3rd Dec 08, 21:21
by godofhaircare
I think there are some tickets left.
You could always try tickets scotland first, they are under Central Station railway bridge on Argyle street.
George Square is probably bout a 10-15 minute walk to the Barra's away.
I'll be in McCools pub on High Street most likely, so if you spot that come in and find me.
I'll be wearing a 15th anniversay t-shirt and i've got big flames tattooed up my arm.
Hope you make it to the gig

Posted:
3rd Dec 08, 21:39
by EvilElvis
godofhaircare wrote:I'll be in McCools pub on High Street most likely, so if you spot that come in and find me.
I'd go there, but it's a known football supporters bar and I don't happen to support their team. Solid to barras in a cab.
firedup wrote:PS. Staying in George sq, is this far from barrowlands?
You staying in Premier Inn hotel?
I'm staying there and I know a few fellow w/h's fans satying there. If you've got the Friday off, we're going to the Alt nation night at Bamboo

Posted:
4th Dec 08, 16:01
by firedup
godofhair - will try and make it down early and find u in the pub
evilelvis - am at the premier inn yes, what time u getting in? Haven't got the day off unfortunately but will see how brave I'm feeling!

Posted:
4th Dec 08, 16:35
by godofhaircare
Alright
I've spelt the name wrong it should be McChuills.
I wont be there until bout 6ish, having a bit og grub and some beers before wandereing down to the gig

Posted:
4th Dec 08, 21:19
by firedup
Godofhaircare - not sure if u got t'internet on ya phone but runnin late will call in the pub before the gig to see if u r still there about 8

Posted:
4th Dec 08, 23:05
by firedup
Barrowlands less than half full. A just finished their set, thought they were pretty dam good, full of energy. Might have to dig out their old albums again.
Atmosphere a bit quiet but good acoustics.

Posted:
4th Dec 08, 23:14
by firedup
fucking hell the bogs are big.

Posted:
4th Dec 08, 23:20
by Sarc
Is this the first time we've had a live minute by minute run down of a gig?

Posted:
4th Dec 08, 23:25
by firedup
might be!
There's some weird looking people in here. Still doin soundcheck.

Posted:
4th Dec 08, 23:28
by firedup
straight on, no messin. Vanilla radio.