Page 1 of 3

Satellite Party

PostPosted: 26th Apr 07, 23:24
by geordierussell
Any one heard the new stuff from Satellite Party (Perry Farrell/Nuno Bettencourt).

The tracks I have heard have hear have been stunning.

PostPosted: 27th Apr 07, 00:07
by andy_b
Thanks for the heads-up - just heard a couple of songs on their MySpace, and it sounds pretty good. I'll try and remember to pick up the album when it comes out!

Andy B

PostPosted: 27th Apr 07, 00:38
by geordierussell
They are supporting Velvet Revolver on their UK dates

PostPosted: 11th May 07, 20:52
by Col
VR are charging £30 (approx), they can kiss my arse for that.

Satellite Party dates are here:

7 Jun 2007 20:00 Cardiff Arena Cardiff
9 Jun 2007 20:00 Download Festival @ Donington Park Leicestershire
11 Jun 2007 20:00 Academy 2 Manchester
12 Jun 2007 20:00 Astoria London
14 Jun 2007 20:00 Wireless Festival @ Hyde Park London
15 Jun 2007 20:00 Wireless Festival @ Harewood House Leeds
4 Jul 2007 20:00 Academy Birmingham
5 Jul 2007 20:00 Academy Newcastle
7 Jul 2007 20:00 T In The Park Festival Kinross, Scotland
8 Jul 2007 20:00 Oxegen Festival Naas

Newcastle here I come!!!!!

PostPosted: 14th May 07, 17:14
by geordierussell
Col

Have you heard The Panic Channel. I think you'd like them

http://www.myspace.com/thepanicchannel

PostPosted: 27th May 07, 11:55
by Col
Yeah, heard Panic Channel, Navarros outfit. Camp Freddy are cool too.

Full album is on Satellite Party's myspace now

PostPosted: 12th Jun 07, 10:07
by madbloke
Went to see them last night in Manchester, in a room the size of my living room! Absolutely blown away! All the highlights from the album, plus Been Caught Stealing and Mountain Song. I forgot how good Nuno Bettencourt is, too.

They're in London tonight, and I urge anyone who has the chance to get down to see them. You won't regret it.

PostPosted: 12th Jun 07, 21:32
by Col
7 of us going to Newcastle in July, lookin forward to it.

PostPosted: 12th Jun 07, 22:07
by kriscoverdale
damn why do i only see this post now. they're playing in london right now dammit...

PostPosted: 12th Jun 07, 22:27
by fluffygrue
madbloke wrote:Went to see them last night in Manchester, in a room the size of my living room!

Your living room is the size of Academy 2?
Should I presume you live in Cheshire..? :P

PostPosted: 12th Jun 07, 22:40
by madbloke
fluffygrue wrote:
madbloke wrote:Went to see them last night in Manchester, in a room the size of my living room!

Your living room is the size of Academy 2?
Should I presume you live in Cheshire..? :P


lol! If only!

No, it was moved to Club Academy (which I didn't even know existed until last night!)

It's downstairs, and is TINY! Great place to see 'em.

PostPosted: 12th Jun 07, 22:46
by fluffygrue
madbloke wrote:
fluffygrue wrote:
madbloke wrote:Went to see them last night in Manchester, in a room the size of my living room!

Your living room is the size of Academy 2?

lol! If only!
No, it was moved to Club Academy (which I didn't even know existed until last night!)
It's downstairs, and is TINY! Great place to see 'em.

Oh, right.. that makes a bit more sense. Saw Puressence there earlier in the year, nice venue. (Although it's still a tad bigger than my lounge.. :P)

PostPosted: 12th Jun 07, 22:55
by Col
No, it was moved to Club Academy (which I didn't even know existed until last night!)
.

Because of poor ticket sales?

PostPosted: 13th Jun 07, 09:00
by davejnick
Watched them at Download. They were fucking brilliant. Which really pissed me off, cos it means that's ANOTHER album I have to go out and buy...

PostPosted: 13th Jun 07, 10:00
by madbloke
fluffygrue wrote:
madbloke wrote:
fluffygrue wrote:
madbloke wrote:Went to see them last night in Manchester, in a room the size of my living room!

Your living room is the size of Academy 2?

lol! If only!
No, it was moved to Club Academy (which I didn't even know existed until last night!)
It's downstairs, and is TINY! Great place to see 'em.

Oh, right.. that makes a bit more sense. Saw Puressence there earlier in the year, nice venue. (Although it's still a tad bigger than my lounge.. :P)


Yeah, I may have been exaggerating slightly. :lol: