Page 1 of 4

Eureka Machines need your help (please)

PostPosted: 28th Jul 08, 15:30
by Chris Catalyst
Hello all,

Our Eureka Machines album 'Do Or Die' is coming out September 1st. Hooray. It's available on our My Space NOW and our website tonight. But we are doing all this ourselves and need all the help we can get. If you can help in any way at all, we'd really really really really really appreciate it.

Drop us a message if you can help in any of these ways:

- you know people who work in the media (big or small) who would review our album/play out our tracks on the radio

- you know local record shops that might sell our record

- you live in towns that we're playing on tour in September (www.myspace.com/eurekamachines for dates) and would be up for helping us out putting up a couple of posters/sticking some flyers about etc in and around those towns

- you are going to the Reading or Leeds festivals and you fancy handing out some flyers for us to the kidz (with a z) to try and get them to come see us

We can't pay you, because we're skint, but we can send you various goodies that you wouldn't be able to get otherwise, and/or give you beer. I would hope the gelatinous feelings one would gain from being part of something as beautiful and bounteous as Our Family would be sufficient reward.

It's becoming more and more difficult to be an independent band in today's climate (and I'm not just talking about how hot it is in Leeds at the moment), and we need all the help we can get, because we're doing this utterly on our own, and we're pretty stupid.

Thanks to all you Wildhearts fans who seem to have taken to us quite heartily... and see you at Shepherd's Bush!

All the best
Chris + Eureka Machines.

Re: Eureka Machines need your help (please)

PostPosted: 28th Jul 08, 15:50
by Sarc
Chris Catalyst wrote:... and see you at Shepherd's Bush!
.


WAHEY That's answered that question then :D

Re: Eureka Machines need your help (please)

PostPosted: 28th Jul 08, 16:06
by Damian
Sarc wrote:
Chris Catalyst wrote:... and see you at Shepherd's Bush!
.


WAHEY That's answered that question then :D

Oh yeah.

I'll have the website sorted with a purchasing link around midnight, I think, as I'm out until about 11, so for anyone that can't wait (checks watch) 9 hours, the Myspace page will be the way to go...

Re: Eureka Machines need your help (please)

PostPosted: 28th Jul 08, 19:52
by vickyp
Sarc wrote:
Chris Catalyst wrote:... and see you at Shepherd's Bush!
.


WAHEY That's answered that question then :D


Fackin' ace news! :D
*does happy dance*

PostPosted: 28th Jul 08, 20:34
by geordierussell
One of "us" works for the Current Bun and quite often has a WH feature in the Something For The Weekend section, so hopefully they will give Chris a helping hand.

PostPosted: 28th Jul 08, 21:51
by Mattie
Afraid the only help I can be is purchasing the album, which I've already done, obviously!

PostPosted: 28th Jul 08, 22:34
by Damian
A little earlier than promised above, you can now get the album through the website too, as well as sartorially-unequalled T-shirts (I myself am wearing one right now) and the ace acoustic session CD (although the first 50 web orders of the album get a free copy...)

PostPosted: 30th Jul 08, 12:21
by SiN1758
Ordered! looking forward to hearing this!!

PostPosted: 30th Jul 08, 23:07
by Damian
The band now have a page on the Reading/Leeds website:

http://www.leedsfestival.com/lineup/art ... 1da22577ea

PostPosted: 31st Jul 08, 01:30
by Keith Richard
Hey Chris.......be more than happy to help in any way I can in either San Francisco or Singapore (my soon to be new home).

PostPosted: 31st Jul 08, 23:41
by Damian
I have a copy of the album and it is my pleasure to inform all and sundry that it's absolutely brilliant. If you like The Wildhearts and this doesn't do it for you, seek medical advice immediately.

(And if you're familliar with the God Damn Whores album, be prepared for a certain bit of this one to make you laugh out loud)

PostPosted: 1st Aug 08, 00:11
by Ean
I'll have one of those! :D

Don't suppose you know off-hand how many web orders there've been? :wink:

PostPosted: 1st Aug 08, 01:04
by Damian
Ean wrote:I'll have one of those! :D

Don't suppose you know off-hand how many web orders there've been? :wink:

I don't know the answer to that question. But I do know that I'm on a mission to make that figure go up as fast and high as possible!

PostPosted: 1st Aug 08, 03:27
by Master Bra'tac
How about setting up some international shipping. I'm ready to buy.

PostPosted: 1st Aug 08, 10:13
by Damian
Master Bra'tac wrote:How about setting up some international shipping. I'm ready to buy.

Enquiries shall be made. It must be possible to sort something out...