Page 1 of 1

Help!!! Photos for Charity!!!

PostPosted: 29th Aug 08, 00:43
by ilayad
Hi Guys,

It's not often i beg, borrow, and cajoul for money, but when i do - it's all for a good cause!

I'm Raising Funds & Volunteering for Outward Bound, A Charity that works with teenagers, taking them on adventurous training, and teaching them to lead, and work as part of a team. Lots of the children they work with come from familys that wouldn't have access to this sort of training any other way, and fund the teenagers week with them completely from donations. I won't say too much more but visit http://www.outwardbound.org.uk/home.html for more info!

So to raise some money for the charity, I'm going to be selling prints of some of my photos from the far too many gigs i've been to - I figure it's much nicer donating to charity when you get something shiney from the end of it!!!

Photos are all at

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ilayadarkr ... 981517542/

7 x 5 prints will be £5, and 10 x 8 Prints £10, and i'm limiting the run to 100 max (although if i sell this many i'll be excessively chuffed!!!

email me at ilayad@gmail.com if you want to purchase - i'll be taking payments through paypal, and all profit will go straight onto

http://www.justgiving.com/ilayad so you can see your money doing good work!

Thanks again Guys!!!

Ila
x

PostPosted: 9th Sep 08, 18:11
by ilayad
C'mon guys, I really need your help here!

Thank-you to the lovely people who have already brought photo's - money will be on the justgiving site in the next couple of days.

In the meantime, I've just done my first training day, and am really excited. it's going to be a fantastic week, and I can't wait to see the teenagers reactions. You really are changing peoples lives by donating - all the money raised goes directly to helping to subsidise the course costs of people that wouldn't be able to go otherwise. You are keeping them off the streets, entertained, and changing their view on life.

Okay that bit's over!)

Just to make it even easier for you - here's a link to the wildhearts photos for sale:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ilayadarkr ... 985151105/

Ginger Photo's For Sale:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ilayadarkr ... 999104552/

and there's plenty more to choose from!!!

Thanks for reading the beg guys,

Ila
x

PostPosted: 9th Sep 08, 18:20
by Ilsa
My Dad is a life member and appears on the Outward Bound roll of honour, so I can vouch for what a worthy cause it is.

ilayad, I'll be perusing prints and purchasing shortly. Keep up the good work :D

PostPosted: 16th Sep 08, 21:46
by davejnick
Some fantastic pics there. Will have a proper look later, but will definitely be sending you a few quid, methinks!

PostPosted: 27th Sep 08, 00:25
by neil
Thank you very much for my photo, I'd recommend your service to everyone! I just need to find a frame now, I feel I've upgraded from being a stroppy teenager with scrappy posters of my favourite bands on my wall to being... a less stroppy grown up with classy photos of my favourite artists guitar on my wall.

Good luck with your fund raising and work.

I Promise this is the last time....

PostPosted: 9th Oct 08, 01:48
by ilayad
I Promise that this is the last time I'll post this thread - I just wanted to say thank-you to all the lovely people that purchased prints - i hope you all really love them :lol:

And guys, this is your last chance - Outward Bound is a fantastic charity that do some really fantastic work with teenagers. I'm off on Sunday to Aberdovey in Wales to help out as a mentor for a week.

Please Please Please Drop me an email (ilayad@gmail.com) if you were thinking of buying a photo but haven't yet - have a look at

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ilayadarkroom/sets/

I'm happy to do a copy of any photo that's on my flickr site at the moment. (There's lots of Wildhearts/Wildhearts Related Photos)

or even if you can only donate a quid or two, visit www.justgiving.com/ilayad to see how i'm getting on and make a donation.

See you all in december,

Ila
x