Page 1 of 1

Dodgy 90's TV Series / straight to TV film

PostPosted: 29th Sep 08, 23:03
by Ilsa
My husband has just accused me of making this up / dreaming it. However, I SWEAR it exists....

I believe there was a programme in the 90's in which a scientist involved with monkey / ape evolution that had "adopted" a son.

Turns out that while the son was human on the Fathers side, it's Mama was *gasp* a damn dirty ape.

I can even vividly remember the final scene where the baby is a grown man and finding out the truth goes in seach of his Mum (ape), finds her and she beats him to death.

Can someone please confirm that I haven't dreampt this crazy shit up????

PostPosted: 29th Sep 08, 23:09
by Sarc
There is nothing can possibly say to this weird situation you have just told us about other than

Veiny bang stick!!

PostPosted: 30th Sep 08, 00:07
by Ean
(Un)fortunately, you're not on the verge of being carted off just yet! :P ;)

It was called First Born, and it was on BBC1 in 1988 - Charles Dance was the meddling Doctor, and it was pretty good as I recall.

Plot Synopsis - "Edward Forester is a genetic researcher, intent on breeding primate hybrids. But his experiments take a strange turn when he succeeds in breeding a human/gorilla hybrid. He hides the results of the experiment, adopting the child, and helps Gor to speak and blend into society. But Gor can't help being what he is, and tragedy and revelations are the ultimate result."

Incidentally, there was a crap knock off on ITV a few years later called Chimera too - but that was more of a monster on the loose thing.

PostPosted: 30th Sep 08, 11:11
by markE
i remember both of those! though not in the detail that Ean does.

who votes we should have a seperate section of the website called "ask ean". the man knows everything.

PostPosted: 30th Sep 08, 14:03
by Ilsa
Woo hoo!! I'm not (completely) loosing it :D

Oh yes, an "Ask Ean" thread gets my vote.

PostPosted: 30th Sep 08, 14:44
by Ean
markE wrote:i remember both of those! though not in the detail that Ean does.

You say remember, I say 'cut'n'paste from the iMDb... :wink:

PostPosted: 30th Sep 08, 19:50
by nig1012
markE wrote:i remember both of those! though not in the detail that Ean does.


you won't.............. this man is not of this universe. he is a phenomena

PostPosted: 7th Oct 08, 20:55
by Zo
eee I remember that too - the kid was called 'gor' if I remember correctly? Scared the shite out of us as kids!

We may have been a little mean and called my cousin 'gor' for a couple of years, cos when she was first born she had some hair on her back :roll: :lol: :oops:

PostPosted: 7th Oct 08, 21:32
by Ean
Zo wrote:eee I remember that too - the kid was called 'gor' if I remember correctly?

However did you remember that? :wink: :P