Page 1 of 1

Hanoi Rocks call it a day

PostPosted: 31st Oct 08, 18:27
by Col
HANOI ROCKS WILL BREAK UP BY THE END OF THE YEAR 2008
Hanoi Rocks have decided to break up by the end of the year 2008. Michael Monroe and Andy McCoy feel that they've taken the band as far as it can go and now wish to go their separate ways.

All commitments until the end of the year, including the UK tour starting in London on Halloween, will naturally be honoured. In addition, the band has decided to say farewell to their fans by doing a final tour of Japan in the spring 2009 and immediately thereafter wrapping things up with a few nights at the legendary Tavastia Club in Helsinki, Finland where their career originally got started in the 80's.

November 26th will see the timely release of the first ever career-spanning Hanoi Rocks retrospective: a 2-CD set titled "This One's For Rock'n'Roll - The Best Of Hanoi Rocks 1980-2008".

The band wishes to thank all their fans, co-workers and business partners for their continued love and support throughout the years.

PostPosted: 31st Oct 08, 19:53
by SteveP
So the Academy listing I was telling you about last saturday was right, I'm surprised at it.

As I said to you, why bother going to all the trouble of auditioning a new drummer and bringing him into the band if it's only to do a shortish tour????

PostPosted: 31st Oct 08, 21:38
by Col
SteveP wrote:So the Academy listing I was telling you about last saturday was right, I'm surprised at it.

ooh aye, I remember you said about it now. I musta had too much to drink and forgot, who would believe that???

Re: Hanoi Rocks call it a day

PostPosted: 1st Nov 08, 07:46
by Keith Richard
Col wrote:HANOI ROCKS WILL BREAK UP BY THE END OF THE YEAR 2008
Hanoi Rocks have decided to break up by the end of the year 2008. Michael Monroe and Andy McCoy feel that they've taken the band as far as it can go and now wish to go their separate ways.

All commitments until the end of the year, including the UK tour starting in London on Halloween, will naturally be honoured. In addition, the band has decided to say farewell to their fans by doing a final tour of Japan in the spring 2009 and immediately thereafter wrapping things up with a few nights at the legendary Tavastia Club in Helsinki, Finland where their career originally got started in the 80's.

November 26th will see the timely release of the first ever career-spanning Hanoi Rocks retrospective: a 2-CD set titled "This One's For Rock'n'Roll - The Best Of Hanoi Rocks 1980-2008".

The band wishes to thank all their fans, co-workers and business partners for their continued love and support throughout the years.


Now that fuggin SUCKS! The last three Rocks albums have been 98% killer. Still, Mike's solo albums are good also.

PostPosted: 6th Nov 08, 18:38
by Col
Well what a way to call it a day. Was a great show at Newcastle, even if the crowd was a bit sparse. Monroe tried to make the numbers up, he spent plenty of time in the crowd!!!

Overall a fantastic show by the guys, last one in the UK (until the reunion)

PostPosted: 6th Nov 08, 18:39
by Col

PostPosted: 12th Nov 08, 03:57
by burgerrock
shame

PostPosted: 22nd Nov 08, 00:10
by Col

Re: Hanoi Rocks call it a day

PostPosted: 28th Nov 08, 21:43
by fiffiff
Col wrote:November 26th will see the timely release of the first ever career-spanning Hanoi Rocks retrospective: a 2-CD set titled "This One's For Rock'n'Roll - The Best Of Hanoi Rocks 1980-2008".


"Hanoi is much more special to me than just a musical outfit, they represented where I wanted to go with my life, and how I wanted it to sound. I owe them a huge debt of gratitude."

...writes Ginger in the liner notes. There might be more from him, I haven't seen the collection yet.