Page 1 of 1

Second Life

PostPosted: 18th Nov 08, 00:18
by geordierussell
Does anyone know anything about this?

I downloaded it at the weekend. All I seem do be able to do is look around at stuff I can't afford. Just odd, or am I missing the point?

PostPosted: 18th Nov 08, 12:15
by DangerousBeans
I've never looked at it but there was a story in the paper last week that some woman had flung her husband out after she caught him shagging some woman in Second Life. :lol:

PostPosted: 18th Nov 08, 12:29
by geordierussell
DangerousBeans wrote:I've never looked at it but there was a story in the paper last week that some woman had flung her husband out after she caught him shagging some woman in Second Life. :lol:


That's why I joined....lol :D

PostPosted: 18th Nov 08, 15:03
by RDP
I tried this and thought it was absolutely shite. All that exists is things to advertise, some make-up night clubs and even more advertising. The areas are basically just chatrooms full of people without the guts to go out - who have virtual wives and kids, and spend money on virtual land and objects! Really f'in sad if you ask me.

PostPosted: 18th Nov 08, 15:18
by geordierussell
RDP wrote:I tried this and thought it was absolutely shite. All that exists is things to advertise, some make-up night clubs and even more advertising. The areas are basically just chatrooms full of people without the guts to go out - who have virtual wives and kids, and spend money on virtual land and objects! Really f'in sad if you ask me.


That about sums it up for me. **presses delete key**

PostPosted: 18th Nov 08, 15:36
by spoon_of_grimbo
RDP wrote:I tried this and thought it was absolutely shite. All that exists is things to advertise, some make-up night clubs and even more advertising. The areas are basically just chatrooms full of people without the guts to go out - who have virtual wives and kids, and spend money on virtual land and objects! Really f'in sad if you ask me.


i agree, this seems like a huge fucking waste of time. however, i'm intrigued as to what'd happen if we all joined second life, and went on some kind of huge crime/killing spree (if that's possible on there).

PostPosted: 18th Nov 08, 15:48
by Ean
There are other things you can do besides that. :lol:

PostPosted: 18th Nov 08, 15:51
by Sarc
Ean wrote:There are other things you can do besides that. :lol:


I bet that was never featured on the CSI-NY episode based around Second Life, Mac Taylor would have had something to say about that.

PostPosted: 18th Nov 08, 15:53
by Ean
Ah yes, the moment CSI Jumped The Shark. Abysmal! Image

PostPosted: 18th Nov 08, 15:58
by Sarc
Only CSI NY, Vegas still rocks like a bastard.

Quick tip for fellow CSI fans, if you ever buy the dvds, get them imported from the US cuz not only are the series split into two parts over here but the episodes are edited to fuck, The ones in the states are only sold in complete sets and the episodes are left intact which i find a bit wierd considering what the septics are like for censorship and editing things out.