Page 1 of 2

Manchester Academy - hotels

PostPosted: 21st Dec 08, 17:36
by Col
Anyone know any decent priced places to stay near Academy? (travelodge etc)

PostPosted: 22nd Dec 08, 11:10
by Damian
When are you there?

PostPosted: 22nd Dec 08, 12:04
by Col
Sat 4th April

PostPosted: 22nd Dec 08, 12:14
by Pudu

PostPosted: 22nd Dec 08, 17:13
by Col
Nice one Pudu.

Had booked a travelodge at sprotscity but have cancelled after reading reviews.

Ibis is booked on that date but going to book one of the others.

Cheers

PostPosted: 22nd Dec 08, 17:14
by Pudu
No problem at all Col - glad to be of help!

PostPosted: 22nd Dec 08, 19:49
by SteveP
<<<<Knows about Sportcity

£9 a night, in the middle of shameless territory

no ta lol

PostPosted: 22nd Dec 08, 19:58
by Col
for £9 I'd give it a go, but it's £57

PostPosted: 26th Dec 08, 21:27
by Andy Santiago
Col, look into Travelodge Ancoats in Manchester. That is my preference when I go to gigs at Academy. It's a 5 min walk to Piccadilly gardens where there are loads of bus oportunities to get you to the gig. Also in the area is a Weatherspoons and a seriously gourmet kebab house that I rate as one of the finest in the north. All a man of rock could ever need! :D

PostPosted: 27th Dec 08, 17:25
by Col
Cheers Andy.

Have already booked Days Inn. It's much closer and has car parking.

Liking the sound of the wetherspoons and keeebaab tho :D

PostPosted: 28th Dec 08, 11:56
by Pudu
The Keeebab place is Abdul's - come out of the academy and turn right. Damn finest in the world! What those sauces are I am not sure but bloody hell what a combination!

PostPosted: 28th Dec 08, 15:37
by Ilsa
Pudu wrote:The Keeebab place is Abdul's - come out of the academy and turn right. Damn finest in the world! What those sauces are I am not sure but bloody hell what a combination!


Wouldn't know - wasn't offered one after the Wildhearts, although the ones you bought when I took you there after Thunder did smell goodImage

PostPosted: 28th Dec 08, 19:58
by Pudu
Ilsa wrote:
Pudu wrote:The Keeebab place is Abdul's - come out of the academy and turn right. Damn finest in the world! What those sauces are I am not sure but bloody hell what a combination!


Wouldn't know - wasn't offered one after the Wildhearts, although the ones you bought when I took you there after Thunder did smell goodImage


Since when haven't you been able to ask for things????

PostPosted: 28th Dec 08, 20:12
by Ilsa
Pudu wrote:
Ilsa wrote:
Pudu wrote:The Keeebab place is Abdul's - come out of the academy and turn right. Damn finest in the world! What those sauces are I am not sure but bloody hell what a combination!


Wouldn't know - wasn't offered one after the Wildhearts, although the ones you bought when I took you there after Thunder did smell goodImage


Since when haven't you been able to ask for things????


May I have an Abdul's kebab please, Pudu?

PostPosted: 28th Dec 08, 20:16
by Pudu
Ilsa wrote:
Pudu wrote:
Ilsa wrote:
Pudu wrote:The Keeebab place is Abdul's - come out of the academy and turn right. Damn finest in the world! What those sauces are I am not sure but bloody hell what a combination!


Wouldn't know - wasn't offered one after the Wildhearts, although the ones you bought when I took you there after Thunder did smell goodImage


Since when haven't you been able to ask for things????


May I have an Abdul's kebab please, Pudu?


Much better - yes you may!