Page 1 of 1

Fuck you I won't do what you tell me...

PostPosted: 20th Jan 09, 14:03
by Radish
What is it about this song? I remember years ago mistakenly putting Radio 1's chart show on on a Sunday evening, only to be happily assaulted by RATM's best being ("accidentally") played uncut. Imagine my surprise when yesterday evening at about ten to six I was flicking through the music channels and Scuzz were showing the vid, roll on towards the end and again, totally uncut. Fucking cool, but somebody somewhere is presumably losing their job or at least getting a bit of a bollocking. :twisted: Well done that person, can you slip in IWGWTPG with the "cunt" line intact? :twisted:

PostPosted: 20th Jan 09, 15:47
by Pauly
I missed that, but kinda related, I was watching Kerrang at about lunchtime on Sunday where there was a shot of the main article (Gallows maybe?)for this week/fortnight whenever its out. The headline was, in mahooosive letters, The World is FUCKED :lol:

PostPosted: 20th Jan 09, 22:21
by spoon_of_grimbo
i saw killing in the name on scuzz, uncut, at about mid-afternoon once. i felt compelled to scream along as loud as possible. totally worth getting banned from currys...

PostPosted: 21st Jan 09, 12:31
by Chris DLS
spoon_of_grimbo wrote:i saw killing in the name on scuzz, uncut, at about mid-afternoon once. i felt compelled to scream along as loud as possible. totally worth getting banned from currys...


Ha ha ha - that would have been so worth seeing!!

PostPosted: 21st Jan 09, 14:26
by Ilsa
spoon_of_grimbo wrote:i saw killing in the name on scuzz, uncut, at about mid-afternoon once. i felt compelled to scream along as loud as possible. totally worth getting banned from currys...


Image He he he he - ace. I was listening to a radio station one day (don't think it was Rock FM Image ) and one of the challenges this bloke had to fulfill to win his prize was to go in to a Currys / Comet-type-place and re-tune the radio's to their station and shout out their slogan.

He got chucked out, but bless him for trying! Image

Top RATM tune, had the album on in the car for a while but there were too many tracks I had to skip through when my daughter was with me! Thank goodness it's been replaced with something nice and wholesome from the Wildies! Image

PostPosted: 21st Jan 09, 14:45
by Pudu
Ilsa wrote:
spoon_of_grimbo wrote:i saw killing in the name on scuzz, uncut, at about mid-afternoon once. i felt compelled to scream along as loud as possible. totally worth getting banned from currys...


Image He he he he - ace. I was listening to a radio station one day (don't think it was Rock FM Image ) and one of the challenges this bloke had to fulfill to win his prize was to go in to a Currys / Comet-type-place and re-tune the radio's to their station and shout out their slogan.


No it wasnt Rock FM it WAS however Rock Radio cos I heard it also!

PostPosted: 21st Jan 09, 14:51
by Ilsa
Pudu wrote:No it wasnt Rock FM it WAS however Rock Radio cos I heard it also!


Was it?

Image

Oh.... well..... that kinda piddled on me winding you up with the Rock Radio thing didn't it?! No fair, I have SO much fun with that!! Image

PostPosted: 21st Jan 09, 20:09
by Ady
Maybe they were testing the water to see how many complaints they'd get??

Maybe not.

PostPosted: 22nd Jan 09, 11:45
by Radish
Nah, I prefer to think that there are more people with a bit of personal belief and integrity working for these shit corporate monsters than I'd have given credit for. 8)
Saying that, looking back I wish I'd had a bit more balls myself, as manager of a branch of a national niche retailer we had to be careful about what we played in the store in case it could be offensive (so we were a bit surprised when we forgot the line "I am a son of a mothersucker" was on the Pixies best of, didn't get any complaints though). Now given the chain's motto is/was anything goes, and there were all kinds of 'specialist' magazines, toys and merchandise in there (alongside the Star Wars, Dr Who, Superman etc stuff) that would probably give the toughest 8-year old nightmares for life, thinking back I should have just stuck up an "Apologies for the language in some of the music played here, but let's face it you use it every day" type sign and let rip. I am part of the machine and part of the problem... :cry: (Btw, not criticising the stores, still think there should be more of them in the world, they are fantastic).
Anyway, back to the topic (if there is one) I also happened to be in a B&Q type place a while back on a Sunday afternoon, and they were playing Prince's Purple Rain album. Fair enough I suppose, fairly family-friendly stuff, apart from possibly Darling Nikki played a bit louder than everything else. Gold star for that employee. 8)