thanks to the parade of bastards that is FUCKING FOOTBALL FANS, i was delayed getting to the train and thus missed broadway calls. and having bought their cd at the gig, it turns out i missed out on a KICKASS band.
the audition were alright but nothing special.
but the trio... holy fuck, that's the best set i've seen them play yet, and this is the fourth time i've seen them! they played "jaked on green beers" which of course made my fucking night! setlist was something like this (although i've probably got the order very wrong, aside from the first song and the encore):
Calling All Skeletons
Mr. Chainsaw (FUCKING YES!)
Help Me
Private Eye
We've Had Enough
In Vein
I Lied My Face Off
Emma
I Found Away
All on Black
Jaked on Green Beers
Stupid Kid
Sadie
Goodbye Forever
If We Never Go Inside
I Was a Prayer
Maybe I'll Catch Fire
This Could Be Love
ENCORE (just matt on guitar and vocals with derek filming it all, as apparently danny was suffering from the effects of some dodgy indian food, which explained why he looked a bit pissed off for a lot of the gig (still played and sang perfectly, mind)):
Blue In the Face
Sorry About That
Pretty much the best set I've seen them play yet, both in terms of performance and setlist! The merch (which they'd sold out of all in XXL, hence no shirts for this fat shit

) was two or three colour variants of a large offset heart-skull print (really nice looking actually), and one with a design not a world away from Ginger's "Valor Del Corazon" artwork actually, but with a heart-skull. there was also a hoody with the logo on the back and "send help" on the front. shirts were 15quid and hoodies were 30. strangely they didn't have any CDs on sale though...
All in all, FUCKING GOOD NIGHT!!!