Page 1 of 2

YAAAAAAAYYY

PostPosted: 7th Feb 09, 22:22
by Sarc
18 sleeps 'til I go see the Cure

Re: YAAAAAAAYYY

PostPosted: 8th Feb 09, 03:26
by geordierussell
Sarc wrote:18 sleeps 'til I go see the Cure


Really....if only I was on facebook....you could update me daily....

PostPosted: 8th Feb 09, 08:16
by Michael Wade
That made me laugh. And I do look forward to the countdown from T minus 10 days until after the show.

I saw the Head On the Door tour. Legions of new fans from that record. So the tour after that one had many a fan arrive, hair all sprayed up, as to emulate their hero. How shocked they were when Robert came on stage wif a shaved down blond head. They all musta left the gig that night and went strait home fer a haircut.

PostPosted: 8th Feb 09, 13:28
by Damian
Thing is though, Sarc... they're playing for 90 minutes at this show. By their standards, that's walking on, playing a song, and walking off again.

Actually, perhaps it'll mean they trim the excesses of their shows and just do the ace pop stuff. Because the one time I saw them - at Glastonbury - they bored me lifeless. So I left - it was the last band of the weekend and we always leave Sunday night to beat the traffic as I only live 45 minutes away. I got home to my parents' house (where I lived at the time), and they were watching them live, still going.

PostPosted: 19th Feb 09, 11:09
by Damian
Where did you get your tickets from, Sarc? Look what happened to people that bought them through the NME website:

_____

Dear Mr ****...


Please read on for further information regarding your tickets for the Big Gig/The Cure at The O2 on 26 February.


We understand you have purchased these tickets from Trinity St, but Trinity St has not fulfilled this transaction and delivered these tickets to you. It appears that Trinity St has now ceased trading and, as of Monday 16th February, was very likely to go into administration. Please note that Trinity St has not accounted to us for any of these ticket monies, and therefore your ticket purchases are invalid.


You may wish to apply directly to the administrators of Trinity St for a refund of your ticket monies (we set out their address below). However, we appreciate that this may take some time and may well not be successful. Alternatively, you may seek to claim a refund of your monies through your credit/debit card company. We also set out some information on this below.


In the meantime, we have managed to make available to you for purchase similar floor standing tickets (as per your original order) which we will hold for you till Saturday 21st February at 6pm. Please use the BUY link and unique passcode, listed below, if you wish to purchase these tickets while you are going through the claims process. This passcode is unique to you and not transferable. Please ensure you use the same postal address for delivery as your original order as any other orders will unfortunately be cancelled.



If you feel you are not in a position whereby you are able to afford to purchase the tickets that have been held for you, we have a limited number of complimentary tickets in the rear seated blocks on Tier 400. If you would like to apply for these tickets, please send your request to enquiries@aeglive.co.uk including all of the following information: name, address, date of transaction, no. of tickets purchased from Trinity St, and method of payment by Friday 20th February at 6pm at the latest. We will confirm back to you by 12 noon on Monday 23rd February if your request can be fulfilled. We will try to accommodate as many such requests as possible, but we cannot guarantee that we will be able to accommodate everyone. Unfortunately, please bear in mind that the location of these complimentary tickets is towards the back of the arena in the top level, seated, and not standing tickets as per your original request.


Please note that requests for complimentary tickets will not be fulfilled if you have also used the link above to purchase replacement tickets.


INFORMATION ON MAKING A CLAIM:


CREDIT CARDS

If you paid for your tickets by credit card and the value of the transaction was over £100, you have some protection by law (the Consumer Credit Act). You should contact your credit card company to apply for a refund, informing them that you wish to make a claim under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act and explaining what has happened. The credit card company will hopefully be able to advise you about the process/timescale, send you a claim form and hopefully issue a refund.


If the amount paid by credit card was less than £100, you could still try to claim through your credit card company (but only some banks operate a chargeback scheme and it is not guaranteed by law).


DEBIT CARDS

VISA DEBIT CARD

If you used a Visa DEBIT Card, you MAY be able to claim a refund from your bank through the “ChargeBack” service operated by Visa. However, please note this process is not guaranteed by law and any claim is based on individual circumstances.

MAESTRO

Unfortunately, it appears that Maestro does not operate a “ChargeBack” service like the Visa DEBIT card and therefore cardholders do not appear to have the right to a refund from them.


THE ADMINISTRATOR OF TRINITY ST

If you are unable to claim via your credit/debit card company as set out above, you can try to make a claim direct to the Administrators of Trinity St. However please note it is certainly not guaranteed that you will obtain a refund and the process may take some time. You will need to contact them directly in writing, with as much transaction information as possible (name, date of transaction, total amount, reference numbers, method of payment etc).


We understand the address of the Administrator is as follows:


Tenon Recovery

Sherlock House

London
W1U 6RD

Telephone: +44 (0) 207 935 5566


Both AEG Live and NME are sorry for any inconvenience that this has caused you. We would like to stress that at the time of working with Trinity Street there was no reason to believe that the company would cease trading.


AEG Live & NME

PostPosted: 19th Feb 09, 11:20
by Sarc
Yeah we got ours through NME ,the fuckers had no word of what happened on their website and to make matters worse they expected us to pay for tickets again on the off chance we might be able to get a refund which i think was taking the piss, surely the fact i had all the emails sent when i first booked was enough proof and i should have been able to forward them on to whoever is doing the tickets now and then had them sent out but no the greedy bastards wanted more money and considering how much i want to see them I shelled out money for more tickets for a show that was supposedly sold out.

PostPosted: 20th Feb 09, 22:04
by Damian
I suspect you might have heard about this Sarc - looks like Robert Smith personally intervened to help this along... good man.

___

GREAT NEWS FOR CURE FANS AND NME BIG GIG TICKET HOLDERS

Original Purchases are now Valid.

We are extremely pleased to be able to inform you that we have found a solution with Trinity Street, the providers of your pre-sale tickets, that will now allow your original purchase of Big Gig tickets featuring The Cure to remain valid. These tickets will be despatched to you on Monday, by registered post. Please note that they will need to be signed for upon delivery.

If you have already re-purchased tickets via the link and password we supplied to you, we will automatically have these tickets cancelled and your repurchase monies refunded to you in full, including all transaction fees. If you purchased replacement tickets via any other source, or direct to the Ticketmaster site, please contact us at enquiries@aeglive.co.uk with your purchase details and we will arrange to have these refunded.

If you requested complimentary tickets this order will now be cancelled as your original tickets are on their way to you.

Please do not continue with any claims from your payment card provider, there is no need to request a refund as your original tickets are on their way to you.*

We would like to take this opportunity to offer our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience that you may have experienced. The unexpected demise of Trinity Street so close to the concert and the resultant financial issues led us to initiate a repurchase and refund process. However NME and AEG Live have been working non-stop to find a resolution and we are pleased to be able to end the week with this great news.

So please do look forward to receiving your tickets and of course we hope that you enjoy The Big Gig itself.

See you on Thursday!

NME & AEG Live

* Please note that if your credit card company does provide you with a refund then we will need to contact you directly to re-charge for the gig tickets.

PostPosted: 27th Feb 09, 10:50
by Damian
How was it, Sarc?

PostPosted: 27th Feb 09, 17:42
by Sarc

PostPosted: 27th Feb 09, 19:53
by Ilsa


Get an error message saying I don't have permission to view the page - boo hiss!!

PostPosted: 27th Feb 09, 21:16
by Ean
Damian wrote:How was it, Sarc?

Never mind that, where were you Sarc?

PostPosted: 27th Feb 09, 23:29
by Sarc
Ean wrote:
Damian wrote:How was it, Sarc?

Never mind that, where were you Sarc?


I was waiting for you to gimme a ring or text to find out where you where, I got nothing. swine, no more slices of Camden Pizza for you

PostPosted: 27th Feb 09, 23:36
by Damian
Incidentally Sarc, apologies for the wrongness of my e-mail. I thought Friendly Fires (who are ace), were one of the supports, not Crystal Castles (who are screechy art for art's sake).

I'm impressed, looking at the photos, at how close you got. That place is massive and in your pic it looked like the local student union.

In honour of all this, while I was doing web stuff last night I listened to some Cure albums (on Spotify). I've never really done that before and, well, they're rather good aren't they?

PostPosted: 27th Feb 09, 23:40
by Sarc
Ilsa wrote:


Get an error message saying I don't have permission to view the page - boo hiss!!


Should be sorted now, if it doesnt work IIla I shall grant you the honour of requesting an add so you can see the pics but don't go crazy ok.

PostPosted: 28th Feb 09, 00:56
by Ean
Sarc wrote:
Ean wrote:
Damian wrote:How was it, Sarc?

Never mind that, where were you Sarc?


I was waiting for you to gimme a ring or text to find out where you where, I got nothing. swine, no more slices of Camden Pizza for you

Hey! I texted when I left home, texted when I left Woolwich and texted from Leicester Square. I tried to call you but I only got your voicemail. :P