Page 1 of 1

Chuck's song...

PostPosted: 4th Mar 09, 15:49
by VladDracii
Seeing as it's all up in the air about FNM's reunion, let's not forget the legend of Chuck Mosley...

...As he's not to everyone's tastes I'm going to assume not many of you have followed his post-FNM work...

He continued to release two albums under new band name 'Cement', which I must admit, having only heard the first one, is really fucking great. Some of the tunes are fairly obtuse and uninspired, and frankly a mess, but really is worth listening to. It's fairly difficult to download seeing as it's rare, but I have it if anyone is interested, as I can't justify forking out £40 on a second hand album, I have a copy. If the bloke was getting money for it, then I'd pay....

Anyway!

Randomly I got an add by the gentlemen on Myspace, and after looking at the very impressive and professional page, moved onto his real site. Read the info there, which I'm quite looking forward to...

but more importantly....

http://www.chuckmosley.com/downloads.htm

...thoughts on what I can only assume is a new song, and may or may not feature on this new record?

Much of his old work always seemed fairly malnourished and under produced, and never had any real kick to it, however I was surprised with this new piece, and am not ashamed to say I fucking love it.

I've never been his biggest fan, but always gave ex- FNM members the benefit of the doubt...

& the less said about 'Milk & Blood', the better :P

PostPosted: 4th Mar 09, 18:29
by Chris DLS
I always had a soft spot for Chuck period FNM - I was listening to some of the back catalogue stuff earlier this week, and realised I'd forgot how much I used like some of the stuff on Introduce Yourself.

Ok, it was never going to set the world alight, but it had a certain charm to it that I think disappeared somewhat when Patton came in, when everything sounded so much much more together.

PostPosted: 4th Mar 09, 20:19
by blundellfamily
best FNM song is Caffeine, especially when Mike Patton growls "Cement" for no apparent reason! Is this in homage to Chuck?

PostPosted: 7th Mar 09, 19:58
by Ady
I love that Chuck song on his website.

He's also got a page on Facebook.

I've always loved the 'Crab Song'. So full of heartwrenching vocals at the beginning, sounds like he's on the verge of tears, great.

And he doesn't look any different!! Kinda like Dave Lister.

PostPosted: 8th Mar 09, 05:49
by VladDracii
Yeah I'm loving the new tune too

--and we've always compared him to lister yeah :P

PostPosted: 8th Mar 09, 10:06
by Pudu
VladDracii wrote:Yeah I'm loving the new tune too

--and we've always compared him to lister yeah :P


Hope its better than the Ohhhmmmmm Song!