Page 1 of 1

My band's first demo!

PostPosted: 4th Mar 09, 23:27
by Assmask
I recorded this myself at home using Cubase, a Roland TD6 digital drum kit and a couple of guitar and audio interfaces. We'll be going into the studio at some point soon, so this is a very early rough effort. (I say I recorded it - it's not a solo effort, the bass was played by the bassist, drums by the drummer etc).

http://www.myspace.com/insertnamehere2009

I'm also going to re-record the 2nd guitar part as our 2nd guitarist (who has now left the band due to... personal issues) was a bit ropey at times.

Anyway, the reason it's up is because I'm hoping attract a 2nd guitarist - and backing vocalist. I'm going to place an ad on Gumtree and Fastfude with a link to the myspace page.

Anyone in Belfast who can play guitar to a reasonable degree of comptetence (ideally be able to compose and play a basic solo) looking to join a band that plays music like.. well like at the end of that link?

Let me know. Any feedback also accepted!

PostPosted: 5th Mar 09, 02:53
by nuno75
I''d come and try out for your band if I weren't in the wrong hemisphere.

Very good stuff!

PostPosted: 5th Mar 09, 22:48
by nig1012
reminded me of early BLINK182! especially the vocals (hope i haven't offended you? but i don't think that's a bad thing)

that's is, i don't think sounding like early BLINK 182 is a bad thing and not offending you :lol:

PostPosted: 6th Mar 09, 10:14
by Assmask
Thanks guys - and no I really like Blink through the ages. One of my top bands in fact.