Page 1 of 2

gigs - whos got what?

PostPosted: 27th Mar 09, 12:18
by markE
this seems to be a good year for gigs.
espaecially may what's going on there ginger, terrorvision,gun,idlewild,wonderstuff, sorry and sinatras, eureka machines, therapy all playing and thats just off the top of me nog. many are still doubtful for me but so far confirmed i've got

terrorvision - the forum

u2- wembley

gaslight anthem - :D :D :D just booked tickets.


acdc - wembley


what you got boys and girls?

PostPosted: 27th Mar 09, 12:39
by Pauly
Metallica - SECC, Glasgow, Last night... freakin awesome 8)

Then...

Joe Bonhomassa - O2 Glasgow

The Answer - Somewhere in Glasgow...

Ginger - Ivory Blacks, Glasgow

AC/DC - Hampden Stadium, Glasgow

Maybe Motorhead in November 8)

PostPosted: 27th Mar 09, 12:46
by andyh
Terrorvision - Shepherds Bush Empire
Therapy? - Islington Academy
Ginger/Laika Dog - Islington Academy

so that's pretty much my three favourite artists all playing within a few weeks of each other and then

AC/DC - Wembley Stadium

and quite possibly Eureka Machines at Dublin Castle as well

So tis indeed a treat of a few months for gigs

BTW did anyone go to see Tragedy the metal Bee Gees tribute band at the Islington Academy last week? I was fairly drunk but i'm reasonably sure Ginger's son Jake had joined the band on tambourine....

PostPosted: 27th Mar 09, 12:59
by Sarc
i got

Ginger - Islington Academy
Cobra Starship - ULU
Cobra Starship - KCLSU
Eureka Machines - Dublin Castle
Gaslight Anthem - Forum
Bruce Springsteen (Yay), Gaslight Anthem (Bigger YAY) and Dave Matthews Band (Bag of wank) at Hyde Park
Bouncing Souls - Islington Academy
The Damned and The Alarm - Shepherds Bush Empire
Bill Bailey - Plymouth Pavillions

PostPosted: 27th Mar 09, 19:11
by spoon_of_grimbo
depending on how my coursework recording sessions go, i might be able to go see a couple of awesome american punk bands that are touring over the next coupla months in tiny venues, the first being Bridge and Tunnel who are playing birmingham in late april, and the other being Virgins who are touring sometime in May.

PostPosted: 27th Mar 09, 19:42
by SteveP
Therapy? @ Newcastle Academy
Ginger @ Newcastle Academy
Motorhead @ Newcastle City Hall

PostPosted: 27th Mar 09, 21:44
by 29xTheJames
Ginger at Newcastle
Therapy? at Newcastle
(would be more but Im saving for my wedding)

PostPosted: 16th Jul 09, 13:48
by markE
after a quick bout of ticket buying

wildhearts - shep's bush
terrorvision - islington
u2- wembley
gun- milton keynes pitz club
the swell season - shep's bush

sadly no green day :cry: :cry:

PostPosted: 16th Jul 09, 13:52
by Sarc
Seeing as most of the gigs i mentioned previously went tits up, I now only have four to go to

World Inferno Friendship Society (Brian from the Dresden Dolls other band) at the Engine Rooms here in Bright town
The Wildhearts Brighton Concord
Portsmouth Pyramids
Shepherds Bush

None after that and hoping there arent any bands touring I wanna see as I'll be out of Blighty again for a while after that

PostPosted: 16th Jul 09, 13:52
by melx
Wildhearts: Portsmouth and Brighton
Motorhead: Portsmouth

wondering about Dino Jr at Brighton too....

PostPosted: 16th Jul 09, 13:54
by melx
Sarc wrote:Seeing as most of the gigs i mentioned previously went tits up, I now only have four to go to

World Inferno Friendship Society (Brian from the Dresden Dolls other band) at the Engine Rooms here in Bright town
The Wildhearts Brighton Concord
Portsmouth Pyramids
Shepherds Bush

None after that and hoping there arent any bands touring I wanna see as I'll be out of Blighty again for a while after that


NNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! please please please tell me the haven't moved the WH's gig to the Pyramids.... I HATE that venue. :cry: :evil:

PostPosted: 16th Jul 09, 14:26
by Pudu
Already done this year ...

Thunder
Ginger
Metallica
Terrorvision
Rancid
Flogging Molly
Ricky Warwick/Eddie Spaghetti
and some more I cant think of!

To come ....
The Wildhearts - Manchester
The Wildhearts - Nottingham
Skunk Anansie - Manchester
Therapy? - Liverpool
The Offspring - Manchester
HardRockHell III- Prestatyn

PostPosted: 16th Jul 09, 14:33
by Sarc
melx wrote:
Sarc wrote:Seeing as most of the gigs i mentioned previously went tits up, I now only have four to go to

World Inferno Friendship Society (Brian from the Dresden Dolls other band) at the Engine Rooms here in Bright town
The Wildhearts Brighton Concord
Portsmouth Pyramids
Shepherds Bush

None after that and hoping there arent any bands touring I wanna see as I'll be out of Blighty again for a while after that


NNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! please please please tell me the haven't moved the WH's gig to the Pyramids.... I HATE that venue. :cry: :evil:


They havent i just got the venue wrong, my bad

PostPosted: 16th Jul 09, 14:35
by melx
Sarc wrote:
They havent i just got the venue wrong, my bad



phew, I was seriously worried then.. I love the Wedgewood rooms, it will be great seeing them there....the pyramids is like watching a band in a function room or something ...horrible!

PostPosted: 16th Jul 09, 14:50
by Damian
Ash (on a boat), Dan Black, Half Man Half Biscuit, Bill Bailey, Reading Fest, Eureka Machines/ Jackdaw4 (x2), The Wildhearts, Therapy?, Bloc Party, Green Day, Muse, Depeche Mode, in that order.