Page 1 of 1

JACKDAW4 / EUREKA MACHINES DOUBLE-HEADLINE SHOWS ANNOUNCED

PostPosted: 15th Jul 09, 22:52
by percy
SCANDAL PROMOTIONS are extremely proud to announce 2 double-headliner shows by JACKDAW4 & EUREKA MACHINES!

================

The simply stunning JACKDAW4 are set to release their third album this year, which again features glorious harmonies set to magnificent song writing.

Praise for JACKDAW4...

"... vocalist Willie Dowling (Honeycrack) orchestrates a mesh of strings and horns that puts you in mind of Jellyfish at their most adventurous. Like the latter, all musical reference points are writ large (do a shot every time there's a nod to Brian Wilson, 10cc and the Beatles and you'll be drunk before the album's end), but it's beautifully done." - Phil Wilding, Classic Rock Magazine

================

The awesome EUREKA MACHINES continue their trek of the country and their apparent mission to make the crowd walk away grinning like a loon. Full of energy and damn good songs, EUREKA MACHINES are guaranteed to have you screaming EUREKA!

Praise for EUREKA MACHINES...

"a glorious cacophony of power pop noise that distills the best bits of Jellyfish with a dash of early Manics and even tosses in a smidge of Beach Boys chorus catchiness" - Classic Rock Magazine

================

JACKDAW4 headline The Marr's Bar, Worcester on Saturday 12th September with support from EUREKA MACHINES & JOEPATRONI.

Tickets are £5.00 from the venue and from http://www.wegottickets.com/event/54161 (fees apply) or £6.00 on the door. Doors open at 8pm.

EUREKA MACHINES headline The Madhouse Bar, Birmingham on Sunday 13th September with support from JACKDAW4 & DISCOTHEQUE WRECK.

Tickets are £5.00 from the venue and from http://www.wegottickets.com/event/54162 (fees apply) or £6.00 on the door. Doors open at 8pm.

Book your tickets in advance online to avoid disappointment.

8)

PostPosted: 15th Jul 09, 22:58
by lob
Hmm should a trip up the Cotswold line be in order I wonder?- never seen'Willie' but love the EM's.

Anyone know the time of the last train from Worcester to Oxford?

PostPosted: 15th Jul 09, 23:06
by Damian
I was definitely on for Worcester but I think I'm going to have to do both of these.

PostPosted: 15th Jul 09, 23:16
by percy
I can't believe that we've managed to pull this off, but I'm so excited about these gigs! It's a dream line up for me, and no one else was gonna do it so we have! lol

Right, I need a big cold beer...

PostPosted: 16th Jul 09, 18:02
by neil
I'll be at Birmingham and know two people I should be able to drag along. I have a strange feeling that something else is happening that week, will have to check at work tomorrow I've not booked time off for anything else, but I'll make it somehow even if I have.

PostPosted: 18th Jul 09, 12:22
by vickyp
Linky time!

Last.fm events:

Marr's Bar:
http://www.last.fm/event/1146745
Madhouse:
http://www.last.fm/event/1146747

Can someone add the Facebook event links? I'm kind of on a train and can only get to FB mobile.

PostPosted: 18th Jul 09, 22:55
by neil
Birmingham Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/event ... ref=search

I can't find one for Worcester though.

PostPosted: 19th Jul 09, 14:09
by percy
Facebook group for the Worcester show...

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/event ... 9274626520

P

PostPosted: 19th Jul 09, 16:50
by Ilsa
Just Birmingham and Worcester? Is that it or is this a "more dates to be announced" thingy?

PostPosted: 19th Jul 09, 18:45
by Ean
Ilsa wrote:Just Birmingham and Worcester? Is that it or is this a "more dates to be announced" thingy?

Not tempting enough to make you venture down from the Northern wastelands then? :P

PostPosted: 20th Jul 09, 10:08
by percy
Ilsa wrote:Just Birmingham and Worcester? Is that it or is this a "more dates to be announced" thingy?


We're just putting on the 2 shows Ilsa. I know that EM are touring all over the place, but I honestly don't know if JD4 have anything else lined up.

P

PostPosted: 20th Jul 09, 13:34
by Ilsa
percy wrote:
Ilsa wrote:Just Birmingham and Worcester? Is that it or is this a "more dates to be announced" thingy?


We're just putting on the 2 shows Ilsa. I know that EM are touring all over the place, but I honestly don't know if JD4 have anything else lined up.

P


Thanks Percy - was holding out for a north west date.

Ean - you know I'm only allowed out fo the village for limited time periods and only with supervision!

PostPosted: 7th Aug 09, 00:50
by percy
Image

Image

8)