Chuck Mosely & The VUA
Right so I'm assuming those who were interested will have already heard 'Tractor' on the Myspace, Well now the album 'Will rap over hard rock for food' is available to pre-order. Strangely enough I did so and they sent me the album in its entirety via email as well as sending the CD out, as soon as the transaction was complete. Seemed rather impatient, but anyhow I've got the album in my possession.
I must say, it's so gratifying to hear Chuck with such a rich and full sound. Honestly speaking I've never been a fan of his voice but after hearing the previous 'Cement' albums I realized the real talent was in his song-writing, which fused with the sparkling production of this album makes it a killer.
I do urge people to give it a chance, be intrigued to hear others views, as I've yet to speak to anyone who's interested CM&TVUA, asides from Chuck himself
Album features a re-written 'We Care A Lot' which I can take solace in as I always thought the original lacked a certain something.
Also Jonathan Davis & John5 feature on the opening track....Which will fucking blow you away, far surpassing my expectations.
Acoustic duets are yet another feature of the record...very quaint harmony's....
What I will say lets the record down, is the track 'Punk-Rock Movie (also available via the 'Space). I've just never been a fan of that transparent sounding pop/punk genre...Could quite possibly grow on me over time and I would never rule it out, but at a first listen sounded very weak and very uninspired.
In fact the compound of Jonathan Davis/John5 and Chuck can be heard on the 'Space so it's worth paying it a visit anyway! (Entitled 'The Enabler')
http://www.myspace.com/chuckmosleyvua
Waiting to hear from y'all.
I must say, it's so gratifying to hear Chuck with such a rich and full sound. Honestly speaking I've never been a fan of his voice but after hearing the previous 'Cement' albums I realized the real talent was in his song-writing, which fused with the sparkling production of this album makes it a killer.
I do urge people to give it a chance, be intrigued to hear others views, as I've yet to speak to anyone who's interested CM&TVUA, asides from Chuck himself
Album features a re-written 'We Care A Lot' which I can take solace in as I always thought the original lacked a certain something.
Also Jonathan Davis & John5 feature on the opening track....Which will fucking blow you away, far surpassing my expectations.
Acoustic duets are yet another feature of the record...very quaint harmony's....
What I will say lets the record down, is the track 'Punk-Rock Movie (also available via the 'Space). I've just never been a fan of that transparent sounding pop/punk genre...Could quite possibly grow on me over time and I would never rule it out, but at a first listen sounded very weak and very uninspired.
In fact the compound of Jonathan Davis/John5 and Chuck can be heard on the 'Space so it's worth paying it a visit anyway! (Entitled 'The Enabler')
http://www.myspace.com/chuckmosleyvua
Waiting to hear from y'all.