Page 1 of 2
Sebastian Bach - Guns N Roses

Posted:
14th Jul 06, 18:10
by Ginger_Is_God
I'm off to see Guns N Roses at Newcastle on Wednesday night
Anyone else going?
Anyone else surprised to see the great vocalist Sebastian Bach opening for G&R?
I mean Mr Bach will blow Axl Rose off the stage, The man is one of the best vocalist I've seen !!!!
Even The Tatty Haired one, once said he'd love him in one of his bands !!!!!!
Anyways Axl beware your in for a kicking........
See ya soon

Posted:
14th Jul 06, 18:13
by geordierussell
If Axl is in the mood it will be a good gig, if not...
Re: Sebastian Bach - Guns N Roses

Posted:
14th Jul 06, 19:50
by EvilElvis
Ginger_Is_God wrote:I'm off to see Guns N Roses at Newcastle on Wednesday night
Anyone else going?
Anyone else surprised to see the great vocalist Sebastian Bach opening for G&R?
I mean Mr Bach will blow Axl Rose off the stage, The man is one of the best vocalist I've seen !!!!
Even The Tatty Haired one, once said he'd love him in one of his bands !!!!!!
Anyways Axl beware your in for a kicking........
See ya soon
I know Seb and Izzy Stradlin' played at Donnington with GNR, but they doing the entire tour?!

Posted:
14th Jul 06, 19:57
by Ginger_Is_God
Oh yes they are !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
At Newcastle Sebs on at 6-40...............
Cant wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Sebastian Bach - Guns N Roses

Posted:
14th Jul 06, 20:34
by Col
Ginger_Is_God wrote:I'm off to see Guns N Roses at Newcastle on Wednesday night
Anyone else going?
I'd rather eat my own shit.

Posted:
15th Jul 06, 13:58
by blackdeathcrew
I was a huge GNR fan when 'growing up' but cant warm to the axl and friends version that's around now. Maybe the new album (if it ever arrives) will make me like 'em??

Posted:
15th Jul 06, 17:58
by EvilElvis
blackdeathcrew wrote:I was a huge GNR fan when 'growing up' but cant warm to the axl and friends version that's around now. Maybe the new album (if it ever arrives) will make me like 'em??
My mate managed to get tix for them back in '91!
He's going to the show in Glasgow on Friday night - "Doesn't matter who is in the band! It's all about the tunes!" was his exact words!
You could, effectivel;y say the same about the Wildhearts!

Posted:
16th Jul 06, 10:43
by blackdeathcrew
EvilElvis wrote:blackdeathcrew wrote:I was a huge GNR fan when 'growing up' but cant warm to the axl and friends version that's around now. Maybe the new album (if it ever arrives) will make me like 'em??
My mate managed to get tix for them back in '91!
He's going to the show in Glasgow on Friday night - "Doesn't matter who is in the band! It's all about the tunes!" was his exact words!
You could, effectivel;y say the same about the Wildhearts!
yeah ,maybe you could, but at least theres always been more than one 'original' member in the wildhearts at any one time


Posted:
16th Jul 06, 17:11
by EvilElvis
blackdeathcrew wrote:EvilElvis wrote:blackdeathcrew wrote:I was a huge GNR fan when 'growing up' but cant warm to the axl and friends version that's around now. Maybe the new album (if it ever arrives) will make me like 'em??
My mate managed to get tix for them back in '91!
He's going to the show in Glasgow on Friday night - "Doesn't matter who is in the band! It's all about the tunes!" was his exact words!
You could, effectivel;y say the same about the Wildhearts!
yeah ,maybe you could, but at least theres always been more than one 'original' member in the wildhearts at any one time

Nope! The only original band members are Ginger and CJ who are still heavily associated with the band - Danny joined up later on
From mid '94 to split and reformation there was only one original band member - Ginger.
And yes the original GNR lIne up didn't have Slash, Duff or Steven Adler...

Posted:
17th Jul 06, 11:24
by blackdeathcrew
EvilElvis wrote:blackdeathcrew wrote:EvilElvis wrote:blackdeathcrew wrote:I was a huge GNR fan when 'growing up' but cant warm to the axl and friends version that's around now. Maybe the new album (if it ever arrives) will make me like 'em??
My mate managed to get tix for them back in '91!
He's going to the show in Glasgow on Friday night - "Doesn't matter who is in the band! It's all about the tunes!" was his exact words!
You could, effectivel;y say the same about the Wildhearts!
yeah ,maybe you could, but at least theres always been more than one 'original' member in the wildhearts at any one time

Nope! The only original band members are Ginger and CJ who are still heavily associated with the band - Danny joined up later on
From mid '94 to split and reformation there was only one original band member - Ginger.
And yes the original GNR lIne up didn't have Slash, Duff or Steven Adler...
Well, ya know what i meant, more than one of the 'classic first full album' line up of the band at any one time


Posted:
17th Jul 06, 11:49
by EvilElvis
blackdeathcrew wrote:EvilElvis wrote:blackdeathcrew wrote:EvilElvis wrote:blackdeathcrew wrote:I was a huge GNR fan when 'growing up' but cant warm to the axl and friends version that's around now. Maybe the new album (if it ever arrives) will make me like 'em??
My mate managed to get tix for them back in '91!
He's going to the show in Glasgow on Friday night - "Doesn't matter who is in the band! It's all about the tunes!" was his exact words!
You could, effectivel;y say the same about the Wildhearts!
yeah ,maybe you could, but at least theres always been more than one 'original' member in the wildhearts at any one time

Nope! The only original band members are Ginger and CJ who are still heavily associated with the band - Danny joined up later on
From mid '94 to split and reformation there was only one original band member - Ginger.
And yes the original GNR lIne up didn't have Slash, Duff or Steven Adler...
Well, ya know what i meant, more than one of the 'classic first full album' line up of the band at any one time

I know!
Was just playing!


Posted:
17th Jul 06, 14:46
by blackdeathcrew

Posted:
19th Jul 06, 12:59
by twunt
blackdeathcrew wrote:I was a huge GNR fan when 'growing up' but cant warm to the axl and friends version that's around now. Maybe the new album (if it ever arrives) will make me like 'em??
I'm the same. Loved them when I was younger, but see Axl talking about G'N'R and just think he's bit of a twat! I mean, how can you actually call yourself Guns'N'Roses when you've sacked everyone else in the band?!
Anyway, my boyfriend managed to find some tracks of the new album leaked on the net. To be honest, the bits I heard sounded pretty shite so I doubt very much I'd be wasting money on it if it ever arrives....

Posted:
19th Jul 06, 19:21
by davejnick
Saw 'em in Sheffield last night. Bach was ok, although it would have been a lot better if the soundman hadn't been wearing earmuffs and a blindfold when he was doing the mix. Bullet For My Arsehole, or whatever they're called, were SHITE. Gave me time to have a piss and get another beer in though.
And Axl reminded me very much of another ginger-haired nutcase that we might all be familiar with, in that he might not be as young as he used to be but still put on one hell of a show. He's carrying a bit more weight than he used to, but there's still the occasional sprint across the stage that you struggle to follow cos he moves so damn fast. The voice is still there, although to be fair he was never Paul Rodgers in the first place. Didn't throw a strop and fuck off at the first sign of the dreaded "technical difficulties" either. Maybe he's actually growing up at last.
Oh, and Izzy did probably a third of the set with 'em as well.
All in all, a pretty damn good night out.

Posted:
19th Jul 06, 21:57
by someone else
I hope that Axl proves everyone wrong. What I liked about the Donington show was that he seemed to be saying 'This is the band. The others left. Deal with it.' I liked the way the band came on stage as a gang - there was none of this 'singer comes on last 'cos it's all about him' stuff, that seems to happen with many bands, no matter how small they are.
Now, how about that album.........