Who's Left?

Off-topic chat. Items cannot be returned without a ticket.

Who's Left?

Postby Michael Wade » 15th Aug 06, 03:49

Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey are Touring America as the Who. Robby Krieger and Ray Mansarek toured as "The Doors of the 21st Century" after John Densmore sued to stop them from calling themselves "The Doors." Same with CCR--they toured as Creedence Clearwater "Revisited" after Dan Foggerty's widow sued.

So the question is, when should the original name die. Pete wrote nearly everything The Who did, but are they still "The Who" with Keith and John dead? And isn't Axle Rose touring as GNR? I know he owns the name Guns n Roses, but what the fuck?
Michael Wade
 
Posts: 305
Joined: 8th Apr 06, 19:20
Location: Minneapolis

Postby Sully » 15th Aug 06, 10:56

Same with The Misfits innit?
Even tough Glen Danzig wrote all the tunes Jerry Only is the only one left and they still tour and put albums out as misfits.
The cunt never turned up at the city invasion at sheffield last year after I went down especially to see them. Didn't find out till we got to the door and there was a sign up saying the drummer couldn't get a visa. I mean ANYONE that can play drums could bash out a few misfits songs easy as fuck so i was well pissed off.
Even though it's not the real misfits, it's the closest I'll ever get to the real thing so for younger people I think they should be allowed to do it and if older people who seen them the first time around don't like it they should stay away. I'm not saying they shoulsn't have an opinion though.
Sully
 
Posts: 123
Joined: 17th Feb 06, 18:23
Location: Whitehaven

Postby ArcticFox » 16th Aug 06, 10:22

I remember after Entwhistle died Townshend and Daltrey said they will be the Who until the last man is standing.

I don't like the fact that that egotistical ginger dwarf is still calling his band Guns and Roses though! :) How can you have Gn'R without Slash????????
ArcticFox
 
Posts: 89
Joined: 23rd Feb 06, 14:46

Postby chris_j » 16th Aug 06, 11:52

...and then there's that band The Wildhearts. Back in 1997 they were Rich, Ginger, Jef and Danny. Fast forward to 2003 and they were touring with an almost completely different lineup of CJ, Random Jon Poole, Ginger and Stidi. How dare they call themselves the same band?!?!?! ;-)
In an ideal world there'd be no time for ideals.

Image
chris_j
 
Posts: 91
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 13:44

Postby Michael Wade » 22nd Aug 06, 05:28

I saw Tommy Stinson on Saturday playing bass for Soul Asylum. It was really good. He was at the hotel bar after. I could have asked him if it was better than being in The Replacements or Guns n' Roses

Should anything ever happen to Random or Danny. . . .
Michael Wade
 
Posts: 305
Joined: 8th Apr 06, 19:20
Location: Minneapolis

Postby bennympls » 25th Aug 06, 03:07

Just as long as he doesnt say " In your butt"
bennympls
 
Posts: 115
Joined: 6th May 06, 01:11

Postby Michael Wade » 25th Aug 06, 08:40

Benny, we are all attempting, with some success, to communicate in English. In other words, WTF are you talking about? !
Michael Wade
 
Posts: 305
Joined: 8th Apr 06, 19:20
Location: Minneapolis


Return to The Cloakroom

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests

cron