The Astoria to close!

Off-topic chat. Items cannot be returned without a ticket.

The Astoria to close!

Postby Arm Squirrel » 20th Aug 06, 10:18

The Astoria in Charing Cross Road, London, has been sold to make way for shops, flats and offices. To include a music venue within the scheme like the Islington Academy please sign the following:-
http://www.petitiononline.com/savethea/petition.html
Seen many agood band there; The Damned, Faith No More, Black Sabbath, Backyard Babies, Hellacopters, DTK/MC5, UFO, Queensryche, AntiProduct, Twisted Sister and the list goes on and on.
Arm Squirrel
 
Posts: 85
Joined: 3rd Mar 06, 00:13
Location: Beckenham UK

Postby danielbrandon » 20th Aug 06, 13:42

What a shame. I was only saying how much I love I Astoria yesterday, I'll admit it's a total stinking flea pit but I've seen dozens of great gigs there most recent being Down 2 nights in a row

Dan Brandon
danielbrandon
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 15th Apr 06, 15:33

Postby beerofthedark » 21st Aug 06, 10:45

just added me name. This is a real shame, the Astoria is a proper rock venue with its own history and mythology. The West End needs more retail outlets like TV needs more reality shows.
Ayo, lesson here, Bey. You come at the king, you best not miss. - Omar
beerofthedark
 
Posts: 325
Joined: 28th Feb 06, 18:28
Location: East London

Postby Ross » 21st Aug 06, 16:23

I've added my name, saw many of my first gigs there, including Feeder when they were good and a certain Silver Ginger 5/Anti Product/Grand Theft Audio barnstormer!
Image
Ross
 
Posts: 407
Joined: 1st Mar 06, 17:28
Location: Leicester UK


Return to The Cloakroom

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 35 guests