Page 1 of 1

The Astoria to close!

PostPosted: 20th Aug 06, 10:18
by Arm Squirrel
The Astoria in Charing Cross Road, London, has been sold to make way for shops, flats and offices. To include a music venue within the scheme like the Islington Academy please sign the following:-
http://www.petitiononline.com/savethea/petition.html
Seen many agood band there; The Damned, Faith No More, Black Sabbath, Backyard Babies, Hellacopters, DTK/MC5, UFO, Queensryche, AntiProduct, Twisted Sister and the list goes on and on.

PostPosted: 20th Aug 06, 13:42
by danielbrandon
What a shame. I was only saying how much I love I Astoria yesterday, I'll admit it's a total stinking flea pit but I've seen dozens of great gigs there most recent being Down 2 nights in a row

Dan Brandon

PostPosted: 21st Aug 06, 10:45
by beerofthedark
just added me name. This is a real shame, the Astoria is a proper rock venue with its own history and mythology. The West End needs more retail outlets like TV needs more reality shows.

PostPosted: 21st Aug 06, 16:23
by Ross
I've added my name, saw many of my first gigs there, including Feeder when they were good and a certain Silver Ginger 5/Anti Product/Grand Theft Audio barnstormer!