recent Ginger production issues!

Albums, singles, songs and general Ginger banter

Postby SiN1758 » 13th Jan 08, 20:39

Personally i'd love to hear Willie Dowling produce a Ginger album - to combine Gingers songwriting / performance skills with the kind of production that features on the two Jackdaw4 albums - that would just be too good!
SiN1758
 
Posts: 171
Joined: 18th Apr 07, 14:38
Location: Herts

Postby Col » 13th Jan 08, 22:03

Does that mean it's badly produced or just not to your taste?

Badly produced.

And as Butch Vig once pointed out, unless you get the producer to come and set up your stereo and listening environment every time you listen to the CD then you will probably never hear how it is intended to sound anyway - there is a massive difference in the reproduction on different equipment

Or maybe all my hundreds of other Cds are produced shite and Yoni is done right. Butch Vig is talking bollox there by the way :D
Col
 
Posts: 1439
Joined: 12th Feb 06, 17:28

Postby shockingcandy » 13th Jan 08, 22:07

Col wrote:Butch Vig is talking bollox there by the way :D


Erm, or perhaps you are?
New Kazooee album 'Wish I Had A Wolf Suit' OUT NOW!
http://www.myspace.com/kazooee
shockingcandy
 
Posts: 362
Joined: 18th Mar 06, 00:23
Location: Nottingham

Postby InstantKarma » 13th Jan 08, 22:12

I'd love Ginger to do an acoustic album and have it produced by Tony Visconti. I think it'd work.
InstantKarma
 
Posts: 76
Joined: 23rd Dec 07, 02:50

Postby geordierussell » 13th Jan 08, 22:15

I think Joe Elliot would do a great job. Ideally I would like Mutt Lange, but Joe appears to have learned a lot for Mutt on some of the work he has produced.
geordierussell
 
Posts: 1231
Joined: 9th Mar 06, 18:59
Location: chesterfield

Postby Col » 14th Jan 08, 00:38

shockingcandy wrote:
Col wrote:Butch Vig is talking bollox there by the way :D


Erm, or perhaps you are?

Could be
Col
 
Posts: 1439
Joined: 12th Feb 06, 17:28

Postby Dark Lord of Barnet » 14th Jan 08, 00:44

shockingcandy wrote:there is a massive difference in the reproduction on different equipment.
Too true. Personally, I don't have a problem with the production on any of Ginger's stuff. Maybe it's because I'm just listening to the music rather than my hi-fi.
"and don't forget the joker!"

Dark Lord of Barnet
Dark Lord of Barnet
 
Posts: 422
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 22:05
Location: London

Postby shockingcandy » 14th Jan 08, 11:05

Dark Lord of Barnet wrote:
shockingcandy wrote:there is a massive difference in the reproduction on different equipment.
Too true. Personally, I don't have a problem with the production on any of Ginger's stuff. Maybe it's because I'm just listening to the music rather than my hi-fi.


That'a a very good point. And as somebody once said, you can't polish a turd but great songs shine through the thickest murk.
New Kazooee album 'Wish I Had A Wolf Suit' OUT NOW!
http://www.myspace.com/kazooee
shockingcandy
 
Posts: 362
Joined: 18th Mar 06, 00:23
Location: Nottingham

Postby Keith Richard » 14th Jan 08, 12:00

Yoni sounds great. It's a pop album and consequently is very bright. I think folks who criticise should also list the equipment that they are listening to the CD through.

I'm Denon CD player, Denon pre-amp, Denon main amp, and Monitor speakers.
"Some Days Just Fucking Suck"
Keith Richard
 
Posts: 746
Joined: 13th Feb 06, 18:44
Location: Singapore

Postby blackdeathcrew » 14th Jan 08, 13:50

I mostly listen to it on my Ipod and it sounds great on that I think
blackdeathcrew
 
Posts: 578
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 13:30
Location: Worcestershire

Postby spoon_of_grimbo » 14th Jan 08, 15:32

i personally find that the production varies massively from album to album, but they all seem to suit the music well. maybe it's just because i'm used to hearing each one in a certain way, but still, even TECHNICALLY BAD production can sound good if it compliments the music.
IF THERE'S A SOUND YOU PLAY THAT DOESN'T FIT TODAY,
WHY NOT JUST PLAY THE BASTARD ANYWAY?!
Image
spoon_of_grimbo
 
Posts: 915
Joined: 19th Aug 07, 13:56
Location: Boston, UK (Home) / Coventry, UK (Uni)

Postby shockingcandy » 14th Jan 08, 15:45

spoon_of_grimbo wrote:i personally find that the production varies massively from album to album, but they all seem to suit the music well. maybe it's just because i'm used to hearing each one in a certain way, but still, even TECHNICALLY BAD production can sound good if it compliments the music.


I think if the overall effect suits the music then that's a sign of good production. It would be wrong for the sound to upstage the songs.
New Kazooee album 'Wish I Had A Wolf Suit' OUT NOW!
http://www.myspace.com/kazooee
shockingcandy
 
Posts: 362
Joined: 18th Mar 06, 00:23
Location: Nottingham

Postby Andwah » 14th Jan 08, 16:32

I don't mind the production on most of the albums, there's a lot of piss poor stuff churned out by people who don't have the songs to keep it afloat, so the Ginger stuff never falls completely flat. Thought the cymbals on a few tracks of Yoni and Valor were phasing a bit but you get used to it as you realise that if I've got this recording after the artist, mix engineers, mastering bloke and tea-boy have heard it, there's a damn good chance that's how it's meant to be, unless time is the real constraint.
Andwah
 
Posts: 190
Joined: 19th Dec 07, 16:41

Postby Sarc » 14th Jan 08, 17:10

who gives a monkeys chuff what the productions like, the songs are top notch, so lets put an end to this argument now

I know I know :coat:

Guess who's in a fould mood again today
Did you just say "Pig Flute"?

http://www.amiatwat.com

Please welcome a new kind of Mod
Sarc
 
Posts: 1934
Joined: 25th Apr 07, 22:27
Location: Brighton

Postby Col » 14th Jan 08, 18:50

Yeah, lets put an end to this bickering.

Except to ask, why is Yoni being remastered?
Col
 
Posts: 1439
Joined: 12th Feb 06, 17:28

PreviousNext

Return to Ginger Music and General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 107 guests

cron