MARKET HARBOUR REViEWS

Albums, singles, songs and general Ginger banter

Postby kitescreech » 1st Feb 08, 16:48

Just got it (HMV Worcester, £10.99). Played half in the car on the way back home - VERY varied, a lot of songs/styles etc to take in. Stand out track ? "Thats What I want" No 1 Single for sure !
"Today is different and tomorow the same"
kitescreech
 
Posts: 330
Joined: 27th Mar 06, 23:40
Location: Kidderminster

Postby blackdeathcrew » 1st Feb 08, 19:59

I personally love How Hard Can You Make It and Awareness & The Great Integrity. Undertones of Thunderfuck on How Hard.. I thought
blackdeathcrew
 
Posts: 578
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 13:30
Location: Worcestershire

Postby nig1012 » 1st Feb 08, 20:47

as awesome as the cd is i think the titles a bit naff! yes its a really minor arguement just wondered if anyone else felt the same.

come on BANG where r u when i need u
is your silence making you lonely?
or is your lonliness making you silent?
nig1012
 
Posts: 877
Joined: 30th Mar 06, 19:16
Location: crewe

Postby username » 1st Feb 08, 21:04

kitescreech wrote:Just got it (HMV Worcester, £10.99). Played half in the car on the way back home - VERY varied, a lot of songs/styles etc to take in. Stand out track ? "Thats What I want" No 1 Single for sure !


I bet Chris Moyles would play That's What I Want if he got to hear it
username
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 2nd May 07, 23:36

Postby Damian » 1st Feb 08, 23:51

Many, many plays of this later, I have to say it might be Ginger's best. Seriously.
Damian
 
Posts: 1257
Joined: 11th Feb 06, 02:14
Location: Bristol, UK

Postby Ilsa » 2nd Feb 08, 00:28

Damian wrote:Many, many plays of this later, I have to say it might be Ginger's best. Seriously.


Couldn't agree more. This album isn't just a collection of songs, I stand by my previous remark that it is a "beautifully orchestrated peice" to the extent that I now find it hard to select specific tracks, as they fit so comfortably in with one another.

I have a lot of driving to do tomorrow, and for the first time in a long time I can't wait for it, as it's another excuse to listen to the album un-interrupted
Ilsa
 
Posts: 428
Joined: 28th Jan 08, 15:18
Location: t' north

Postby shadow » 2nd Feb 08, 01:02

Im getting the feeling that my hunch about this album which I posted on here before the album came out was spot on-----not crowing `bout it-------but seriously do we not think that theres never been a better time for ginger(as in SOLO artist with his new public-friendly image) to impose himself upon the wider public
shadow
 
Posts: 146
Joined: 3rd Feb 07, 20:36

Postby macc lad » 2nd Feb 08, 10:39

Silkenone wrote:
macc lad wrote:did the Sun review it ???


Unfortunately - the PR guys didn't manage to get me a review copy before I went to NY last week.
Got it now and hopefully will get review in there for Friday next week.



What do you think of it ???
Eh up lets sup !
macc lad
 
Posts: 99
Joined: 23rd Nov 07, 22:22
Location: dudley

Postby oleandershelly » 2nd Feb 08, 11:07

I have to admit their are a few tracks that I loved on first play and are typical Ginger Ballads. I had favourites straight away, but I can't help feeling that it's more of a writers album, a kind of show off of Gingers talent and ability with a million different instruments, in the way that the lyrics are fantastic and well compossed and there's lots of clever little bits on the album experimenting with different styles of music. I'm just yet to find a song that gets me going and makes me want to dance, instead it's just a good sing along with my lighter in the air.
oleandershelly
 
Posts: 166
Joined: 28th Aug 07, 16:43

Postby skychaserhigh » 2nd Feb 08, 16:05

shadow wrote:Im getting the feeling that my hunch about this album which I posted on here before the album came out was spot on-----not crowing `bout it-------but seriously do we not think that theres never been a better time for ginger(as in SOLO artist with his new public-friendly image) to impose himself upon the wider public


As much as i love this album i think vdc or yoni are better albums to play to newbies to Ginger's Music

Even long time Ginger die hards are finding this album takes multiple listens to really sink in, i don't think the casual listener will give it the time it takes to truly appriciate it's genius

Maybe a well chosen single could work well thro' (i put forward 'How hard can you make it)

What would be your choice of single ?
I Wanna take this knife and jam it right through your heart
I Wanna tear your fucking world apart !!!
skychaserhigh
 
Posts: 687
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 20:59
Location: Cardiff

Postby macc lad » 2nd Feb 08, 16:07

a single for us fans or the masses ?
Eh up lets sup !
macc lad
 
Posts: 99
Joined: 23rd Nov 07, 22:22
Location: dudley

Postby Wrenaldo » 2nd Feb 08, 16:50

Double A-side: 'How Hard Can You Make It?' and 'Awareness & The Great Intergrity'.

That'd work for me! They're pretty inseparable and they work as a mini-voyage from the sublime to the darkest depths.
Wrenaldo
 
Posts: 39
Joined: 25th Apr 07, 02:23

Postby skychaserhigh » 2nd Feb 08, 17:20

macc lad wrote:a single for us fans or the masses ?


which do you think would go down well to the general music fan
I Wanna take this knife and jam it right through your heart
I Wanna tear your fucking world apart !!!
skychaserhigh
 
Posts: 687
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 20:59
Location: Cardiff

uy

Postby macc lad » 2nd Feb 08, 17:50

skychaserhigh wrote:
macc lad wrote:a single for us fans or the masses ?


which do you think would go down well to the general music fan


erm thats the problem isnt it i could pick plent we as fans would like but hard to pick anything for the general listener. thats not saying these songs arent good they are excellent.
Eh up lets sup !
macc lad
 
Posts: 99
Joined: 23rd Nov 07, 22:22
Location: dudley

Postby skychaserhigh » 2nd Feb 08, 18:24

i know what u mean mate, when u look at the charts ans see what sells..

It don't give u much hope for genuine talents like ginger
I Wanna take this knife and jam it right through your heart
I Wanna tear your fucking world apart !!!
skychaserhigh
 
Posts: 687
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 20:59
Location: Cardiff

PreviousNext

Return to Ginger Music and General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 114 guests

cron