I get married on Friday. Last minute advice?

Off-topic chat. Items cannot be returned without a ticket.

I get married on Friday. Last minute advice?

Postby nuno75 » 8th Aug 08, 09:32

... and by "Friday" I mean "today" at 6PM EST. Also... I don't particularly need advice... but you can give it if you want to. :D

I just got back from my bachelor party and I'm a little drunk and I saw some naked ladies.
nuno75
 
Posts: 528
Joined: 15th May 07, 22:48

Postby Damian » 8th Aug 08, 10:15

It's a Wildhearts fan marriage epidemic!

Hope you have a good day.
Damian
 
Posts: 1257
Joined: 11th Feb 06, 02:14
Location: Bristol, UK

Postby vickyp » 8th Aug 08, 19:16

Congratulations! Hope you have a great time.

Advice: don't eat yellow snow. (got nothing to do with nuptials i know but we exhausted that on the other thread so you get bad jokes, sorry).
Eureka Machines new single 'Everyone Loves You' - OUT NOW!
www.eurekamachines.com
vickyp
 
Posts: 662
Joined: 10th Jun 06, 01:35
Location: Leeds

Postby pete » 9th Aug 08, 14:18

1 consumate the marriage.
2 dont reply to this yet (see above)
3 have a great time
Put 'em in lights, put 'em in lights
pete
 
Posts: 206
Joined: 13th Jan 07, 11:31
Location: South of Heaven

Postby nuno75 » 10th Aug 08, 21:57

Image
nuno75
 
Posts: 528
Joined: 15th May 07, 22:48

Postby spoon_of_grimbo » 11th Aug 08, 01:16

a wildhearts patch on your wedding suit?!?!

that, sir, is dedication, and if i was the kinda guy who wore hats, i'd tip mine to you!
IF THERE'S A SOUND YOU PLAY THAT DOESN'T FIT TODAY,
WHY NOT JUST PLAY THE BASTARD ANYWAY?!
Image
spoon_of_grimbo
 
Posts: 915
Joined: 19th Aug 07, 13:56
Location: Boston, UK (Home) / Coventry, UK (Uni)

Postby colzo666 » 11th Aug 08, 01:28

Congrats!
Too sweet, too strong
colzo666
 
Posts: 162
Joined: 6th Aug 07, 21:38
Location: Belfast

Postby nuno75 » 11th Aug 08, 05:54

spoon_of_grimbo wrote:a wildhearts patch on your wedding suit?!?!

that, sir, is dedication, and if i was the kinda guy who wore hats, i'd tip mine to you!


There's a story behind that, actually...

See, when it all started I told the wife I wanted to wear Chucks (Converse All-Star hi-top shoes)... just as kind of a goofball personalization thing. Well... she took that and ran with it and soon all the men in the wedding party were gonna be wearing Chucks And then she took it even further and decided to make it a punk rock theme for the whole wedding and started coming up with all these crazy ideas... and that's when I had to sit her down and put a stop to the whole punk rock wedding plan. "Leave it at the shoes", I said. Well.... by the time it was all said and done she had backed off on just about everything but she insisted that, instead of flowers, all of the males should wear a band patch of their favorite band and also that the invitations would be fashioned like concert tickets.

I was actually not really so much into the band patches, but she insisted.
nuno75
 
Posts: 528
Joined: 15th May 07, 22:48

Postby Damian » 11th Aug 08, 10:16

Can I just say "aw, bless" in respect of that picture?
Damian
 
Posts: 1257
Joined: 11th Feb 06, 02:14
Location: Bristol, UK

Postby nuno75 » 18th Aug 08, 06:59

These first two are of my niece Kellie helping to get my son Erich ready.
Image
Image

Nita's aunt Colleen helping Nita's mother Mary get ready.
Image

Me, pinning a patch on Andy, a very close friend of mine and groomsman.
Image

Me, pinning a patch on Jeff, another very close friend and my best man.
Image

Me pinning a patch on Scott, another of my best friends, and groomsman.
Image

Jeff, restraining little Erich while I pin his patch on and Nita's father dave supervises.
Image

Now I've finally got him put together and coping with his situation.
Image

From tallest to shortest: my daughter Anna, her half-sister Kali and Nita's niece Keili.
Image

My niece Kimberle and her friend Dana.
Image

My niece Kimberly with Nita's niece Keili.
Image

I've taken my place beside the pastor.
Image

The procession starts. Andy and my sister-in-law Missy, who is also a close friend of Nita's... and the mother of Kellie and Kimberle.
Image

Scott with Nita's best friend Niki.
Image

Jeff and Nita's sister Jenny.
Image

The beginning of little Erich's big meltdown halfway down the aisle with Anna and Kali.
Image

Anna's trademark embarrassed laughter.
Image
Image

Kali regaining her composure.
Image

They continue their walk down the aisle, leaving little Erich lying on the floor throwing a fit as...
Image

...Kimberle swoops in for the extraction.
Image

Nita's big entrance.
Image

Giving her away.
Image

It begins...
Image

She's a beauty.
Image

... and it's official. Our first kiss as husband and wife.
Image

Just a pretty good shot of the two of us.
Image

Probably the best picture of the bunch. This one will end up in a frame on a wall somewhere.
Image

Nita and her parents.
Image

Here's the entire wedding party.
Image

Nita and Keili.
Image

The cake. It looks great but that icing was just way too much for me.
Image

The groom's cake. I had no idea this was being done until the reception.
Image

Here we are with the cutting the cake thing. I rammed that shit so far up her nose I'm surprised she didn't go blind.
Image

First dance.
Image

Nita and her dad.
Image

Nita and the boy.
Image

My cousin Cortney and her mother, my awesome Aunt Judy who is one of the coolest people alive.
Image

Dollar dance. Niece Kimberle and her friend Dana. This was an awkward moment for me.
Image

Me singing "Angel Eyes". The sound system wasn't set up very well so I was hitting wrong notes all over the place.
Image

The garter thing.
Image

The bouquet-throw.
Image

Kellie caught it.
Image
nuno75
 
Posts: 528
Joined: 15th May 07, 22:48

Postby Zo » 18th Aug 08, 14:57

awwwww, such lovely photos :D

That dress is STUNNING!
Zo
 
Posts: 428
Joined: 1st Mar 06, 19:21
Location: Room 405...

Postby nig1012 » 18th Aug 08, 21:38

argh you were aloud to wear your converse with your suit. my mrs banned me :cry:
is your silence making you lonely?
or is your lonliness making you silent?
nig1012
 
Posts: 877
Joined: 30th Mar 06, 19:16
Location: crewe

Postby spoon_of_grimbo » 19th Aug 08, 02:45

yeah, when are people gonna accept the converse+suit look? it's awesome in any situation!
IF THERE'S A SOUND YOU PLAY THAT DOESN'T FIT TODAY,
WHY NOT JUST PLAY THE BASTARD ANYWAY?!
Image
spoon_of_grimbo
 
Posts: 915
Joined: 19th Aug 07, 13:56
Location: Boston, UK (Home) / Coventry, UK (Uni)

Postby Damian » 19th Aug 08, 10:31

A wedding with rock patches being mandatory? Ace!
Damian
 
Posts: 1257
Joined: 11th Feb 06, 02:14
Location: Bristol, UK

Postby nuno75 » 19th Aug 08, 20:51

Thanks guys. It was a beautiful experience and a blast for everyone.
nuno75
 
Posts: 528
Joined: 15th May 07, 22:48

Next

Return to The Cloakroom

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 44 guests