BBC 'Twubble'

Off-topic chat. Items cannot be returned without a ticket.

BBC 'Twubble'

Postby VladDracii » 28th Oct 08, 11:11

Okay firstly, I am unsure as to where to post this, but seeing as it can be applied to both fields, then I'm not so fussed.

So as you may or may not be aware Russel Brand & Good old Jonathan Ross are facing the brunt of it after the Beeb went up in arms over a recent prank towards 'Legendary' actor Andrew Sachs [Follow the story here if you're unaware http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... sages.html]

Feel free to voice your opinions here, I know I have more than enough to say on this 'travesty' (Suffice to say this sort of behaviour is rife on channel four anyways, but with a respectable reputation, apparently, on thier hands, people have always expected more from the BBC)

Anyway, not that I'm saying anything particularly interesting about it just yet, all I will say is ask if anyone remembers the grand-daughter, named Georgina Baillie, or more commonly as Voluptua, Interviewing Ginger a few years back? (She's actually on my myspace top friends as a result of this...amongst....other things...)

A 'Yes' Will suffice, just to ensure I'm not loosing it, then feel free to speak your voice

...
"...I said Plum!"
VladDracii
 
Posts: 168
Joined: 23rd Apr 08, 19:13
Location: Eastbourne

Postby geordierussell » 28th Oct 08, 12:06

To be honest I really don't care what they have done.

There are far more important things to worry about.
geordierussell
 
Posts: 1231
Joined: 9th Mar 06, 18:59
Location: chesterfield

Postby spoon_of_grimbo » 28th Oct 08, 13:26

meh, seems they were a bit out of order, but people are way too quick to take offense. i don't see that it's anything THAT serious. so what!? someone leaves an answerphone message you don't like? DELETE IT! unless they've bombarded your voicemail with a shitload of them, it's not a big deal.
IF THERE'S A SOUND YOU PLAY THAT DOESN'T FIT TODAY,
WHY NOT JUST PLAY THE BASTARD ANYWAY?!
Image
spoon_of_grimbo
 
Posts: 915
Joined: 19th Aug 07, 13:56
Location: Boston, UK (Home) / Coventry, UK (Uni)

Postby my3dtvtan » 28th Oct 08, 16:04

Wow I subscribe to this podcast and that was one of the best episodes but I never thought anything major would come from it :o

Still one of the funnyist hours I have ever herd but I agree; The country is in economic crisis, The US presidential election is nearing conclusion and Led Zeppelin are recording new material with a new singer!

Lets get some real news reported instead of this trivial drivel.
Interviewer - "So whats the secret of your longevity?"
Ginger - "Splitting up!"

"Bernard, its hot in the worm."

"School aint shit, I read it in a book"
my3dtvtan
 
Posts: 287
Joined: 8th Nov 06, 11:48
Location: Widnes, Cheshire

Postby Luvyatilidont » 28th Oct 08, 21:47

I give it 4/5 wibbly eggs...Certificate PG....No minge! Wobble! :lol:
"If there's no time for fun, then what are we trying to save the world for?"
Luvyatilidont
 
Posts: 15
Joined: 15th Sep 08, 20:05
Location: The arse end of a bad break up.

Postby stuff » 28th Oct 08, 23:23

Blown out of all proportion... unbelievable
stuff
 
Posts: 79
Joined: 16th Jun 07, 14:42

Postby Jason_scorching_past » 29th Oct 08, 01:44

I subscribe to this podcast too (which hasn't been as funny without Matt Morgan co-presenting) and must admit when I heard the incident I did find it funny but in a "cant believe he just said that" way.

It has been blown out of all proportion by the tabloids, particularly the Daily Mail who hate Brand. But saying that, the pair of them clearly crossed a line and can be a lot funnier without resorting to stunts like this.

Apologies and a telling -off is all that is really needed, as others have said there are bigger issues.
Jason_scorching_past
 
Posts: 263
Joined: 20th Jul 08, 20:50

Postby Damian » 29th Oct 08, 11:38

This is getting pathetic. It was stupid of them and they should apologise to those concerned, as I'm sure they have, but this is not some big sacking offense. It's a case of the papers wanting a story. I don't appreciate the editor of the Sun moralising about unacceptable behaviour, when a large amount of their output is based on unacceptable behaviour of their own.

There's serious stuff going on in the world right now and this is just ... nothing in comparison. It was stupid but people are just asking for sackings now so that sackings can be the story.
Damian
 
Posts: 1257
Joined: 11th Feb 06, 02:14
Location: Bristol, UK

Postby lob » 29th Oct 08, 11:44

Nyah sack the pair of arrogant tossers (and the twat that let them do it). I don't care about the number of complaints or the fact that self seeking politicians are climbing on the tabloid bandwagon. IMHO phoning up a 78 year old man and leaving a message saying "I fucked your grandaughter" really isn't the apex of radio humour, it isn't even good as schoolboy humour. It is insensitive and crass.

Ross himself has said that the BBC could get 1,000 journalists for the money it pays him and I reckon it is time to place job adverts
Blimey but I am tired
lob
 
Posts: 134
Joined: 11th Aug 06, 15:45
Location: London/Oxford

Postby Chris DLS » 29th Oct 08, 13:51

And this is more of an outrage to public decency than David Walliams asking for Bitty on Little Britain in what way.

Personally, it doesn't bother me, I find Ross very funny, Brand an overhyped pillock (and for the record I love Little Britain).

But as has been pointed out earlier, there is so much more going on to be worried about, get over it.
Chris DLS
 
Posts: 106
Joined: 22nd Oct 07, 13:09
Location: Leicester

Postby Assmask » 29th Oct 08, 14:58

I think they're both fabulous entertainers, but if those messages were left on Andrew Sach's answer phone then that is pretty atrocious. Unforgiveable, and says more about their moral compass then their abilities to keep us amused moving forwards.

Should they be fired? No, but they should be bloody well made to feel that it came close to that.

It has been blown out of proportion however. And yet, here we are stating that while at the same time creating posts on a topic on a board that has nothing to do with these guys.

So we can't really state that without being part of the insidious proprtion increasing machine.
Assmask
 
Posts: 571
Joined: 30th Mar 06, 12:22
Location: Belfast

Postby Ady » 31st Oct 08, 19:05

My opinion is, is that it's a generation gap thing, i think if Chris Moyles had pulled this stunt, no one would have batted an eyelid, but because this was on Radio 2 rather than Radio 1, everyone is up in arms over it.

I think the press coverage of it is blowing it out of proportion, but yeah they shouldn't be leaving offensive messages on peoples answer machines and making 'entertainment' out of it either.
Life has teeth, and bites the feeding open hand.

www.myspace.com/adycolclough
Ady
 
Posts: 214
Joined: 6th Mar 06, 11:55
Location: Wrexham, North Wales

Postby shat noir » 31st Oct 08, 20:49

Image
Gee mister you got the best answering machine message I ever heard
shat noir
 
Posts: 142
Joined: 18th Feb 06, 17:37
Location: Belfast

Postby geordierussell » 1st Nov 08, 00:18

Ady wrote:My opinion is, is that it's a generation gap thing,


I think its a money thing. If he was on £5.57 per hour, instead of £5.57 per second, people would have said sack the thick fool.
geordierussell
 
Posts: 1231
Joined: 9th Mar 06, 18:59
Location: chesterfield

Postby WildCat » 3rd Nov 08, 02:56

i also saw a "news" article the other day about a photograph of kate moss not wearing any make up.

perspective please!
Control, we have a code 5. He is small, orange and has a broken fin. Yes, he's a fish.
WildCat
 
Posts: 124
Joined: 20th Jun 08, 13:52
Location: Shitsville, LONDON

Next

Return to The Cloakroom

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 33 guests