It's Official....Apparently

Off-topic chat. Items cannot be returned without a ticket.

Postby blackdeathcrew » 20th Nov 08, 20:15

The whole album is streaming on the guns n roses Myspace page by the way guys n girls.
blackdeathcrew
 
Posts: 578
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 13:30
Location: Worcestershire

Postby Jason_scorching_past » 20th Nov 08, 23:51

blackdeathcrew wrote:The whole album is streaming on the guns n roses Myspace page by the way guys n girls.


Thanks for that, gonna give it a listen.
Jason_scorching_past
 
Posts: 263
Joined: 20th Jul 08, 20:50

Postby Damian » 21st Nov 08, 01:38

The first two tracks sound like Limp Bizkit. Not sure I want to get any further to find out if it stays that way.
Damian
 
Posts: 1257
Joined: 11th Feb 06, 02:14
Location: Bristol, UK

Postby Jason_scorching_past » 21st Nov 08, 02:57

Ok on first listen -

Chinese Democracy - Average no frills rocker which doesn't really excite, no chorus to speak of. Might be a bit of a grower though but sounds like a filler track. Vocals reminiscent of "It's So Easy", song more like "It's So So.."

Shackler's Revenge - Sounded like Marilyn Manson when it started, morphs into a reasonably catchy song with some nice riffs, decent enough but not spectacular.

Better - I have heard this before and it is a great song, i like the riff that plays out through the whole track, A highlight of the album with a nice vocal performance from Axl, subtle chorus, catchy but gets heavier later on. One of the few songs that has a typical verse - chorus - verse approach.

Street of Dreams - Think this used to be called "The Blues". Probably the most commercial song with the piano intro/outro, and big ballad style. Big production, bombastic typical Axl style, nice melodies Axl hits a 10 on the high-pitch-o-meter at times though.

If The World -Has a grating vocal and goes through numerous changes, mish-mashing different styles, sounds more like an experiment than a song, the music itself is interesting but the chorus irritates.

There Was a Time - Another cinematic sounding track, up there with the better songs on the album, a wall of guitars, keyboards,strings and choirs The extended guitar outro is cool and the song throws so much at you, with what sounds like genuine emotion and regret in Axl's pained vocal.

Catcher in The Rye - More walls of sound and music, has a jaunty piano led intro and Axl keeps the vocals toned down and actually "sings" for most of this song and it's all the better for it. It seems to lack stucture but there are a lot of melodies to pick out, and i think it is a great song that will take numerous listens to fully digest, definitely a hint of Queen in this one.

Scraped - a heavier track Axl gets quite screechy again and over eggs the pudding on the vocal front going from deep to high pitched from one line of the song to the next, quite simplistic and not particularly memorable, long widdly guitar solo. Weird sounding "ah yah" backing vocal too, the worst song on the album so far.

Sorry - Gloomy sounding and quite a dull slow song with a dense sound, it's atmospheric I suppose but quite repetitive. Makes me think of Black Sabbath for some reason, just cos it's quite heavy I suppose.

Riad N' The Bedouins - Starts off sounding like U2 then turns into a fast rocker, not a particularly great song as it lacks a decent melody and has an annoying "ahh ahh ahh " vocal from Axl. More widdly guitar and screeching = headache.

IRS - Axl sounds a bit reedy on this track to begin with then it sounds very similar to previous mid-paced tracks on the album, but not as good. It also sounds like there's too much guitar work going on and again the vocals border on annoying.

Madagascar - Slow paced and a bit doom laden, has a sample that was used in Ciivil War and brings that track to mind, wasn't keen on this to begin with but it grows on you. It does feel at times like you are listening to a film soundtrack and definitely the case with this song.

This I Love - Ok....bit bonkers this track, as mentioned before this has a real musical/theatrical feeling to it, an orchestral sound but it's not like November Rain. Quite overwrought but that could be argued of a lot of the songs I almost imagine Axl in a Phantom of the Opera mask when he's singing it.

Prostitute - Similar in style to IRS, TWAT and Street of Dreams, but feels like there's no actual song there just various parts of different songs all thrown together, it's not particularly memorable but then twists into a beautiful sounding string ending.

Phew, that was a lot of music to digest in one sitting. This is all my first impressions and like most albums your favourite tracks don't always present themselves with first listen so I'll probably change my mind about half of that. I think overall though I like the album and I'm glad it has finally seen the light of day, I look forward to listening to the follow up in 2023 whilst flying around in my hover car.
Jason_scorching_past
 
Posts: 263
Joined: 20th Jul 08, 20:50

Postby blackdeathcrew » 22nd Nov 08, 21:14

Sarcy boy.....get yready to head on down to Woolworths mate, coz I have my copy of the album on its way!!!!!
blackdeathcrew
 
Posts: 578
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 13:30
Location: Worcestershire

Postby Sarc » 22nd Nov 08, 21:54

it'll have to wait cuz I'm off out the country for two weeks tomorrow but when I return arses will be shown.

If anyone can arrange it with the Wildies I'll do it on stage at the Hammersmith show.
Did you just say "Pig Flute"?

http://www.amiatwat.com

Please welcome a new kind of Mod
Sarc
 
Posts: 1934
Joined: 25th Apr 07, 22:27
Location: Brighton

Postby Ean » 22nd Nov 08, 21:58

Message sent.

You were serious, right!? Image
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."

WH THEMED WH EMOTiCONS? MAiS OUi!!
User avatar
Ean
 
Posts: 3084
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 15:44
Location: Just next to my confuser

Postby Sarc » 22nd Nov 08, 22:00

Ean wrote:Message sent.

You were serious, right!? Image


oh..................fuck. :shock:
Did you just say "Pig Flute"?

http://www.amiatwat.com

Please welcome a new kind of Mod
Sarc
 
Posts: 1934
Joined: 25th Apr 07, 22:27
Location: Brighton

Postby Ilsa » 22nd Nov 08, 22:44

Sarc wrote:
Ean wrote:Message sent.

You were serious, right!? Image


oh..................fuck. :shock:


I think even Mr Ilsa could be persuaded to give me a pass out of the village to witness that! :lol:
"Eternal suffering awaits anyone who questions God's infinite love"
Ilsa
 
Posts: 428
Joined: 28th Jan 08, 15:18
Location: t' north

Postby Sarc » 22nd Nov 08, 22:51

Why on earth do you want to see my arse?
Did you just say "Pig Flute"?

http://www.amiatwat.com

Please welcome a new kind of Mod
Sarc
 
Posts: 1934
Joined: 25th Apr 07, 22:27
Location: Brighton

Postby EvilElvis » 23rd Nov 08, 00:38

My copy arrived this morning.
EvilElvis
 
Posts: 190
Joined: 19th Feb 06, 13:42
Location: Halfway Up The Downs

Postby Ilsa » 23rd Nov 08, 00:59

Sarc wrote:Why on earth do you want to see my arse?


Why wouldn't I?
"Eternal suffering awaits anyone who questions God's infinite love"
Ilsa
 
Posts: 428
Joined: 28th Jan 08, 15:18
Location: t' north

Postby Mrs Sarc » 23rd Nov 08, 16:17

Sarc wrote:
Ean wrote:Message sent.

You were serious, right!? Image


oh..................fuck. :shock:


doooooo iiiiiiiiiiitttt! I have my camera charging as i type :D
Glutton For Punishment
Mrs Sarc
 
Posts: 12
Joined: 2nd Sep 08, 17:58

Postby Sarc » 23rd Nov 08, 16:41

Mrs Sarc wrote:
Sarc wrote:
Ean wrote:Message sent.

You were serious, right!? Image


oh..................fuck. :shock:


doooooo iiiiiiiiiiitttt! I have my camera charging as i type :D


Oi you, who said you could come into my domain and play.

Honestly I bugger off for two weeks and you can't keep out of trouble can you
Did you just say "Pig Flute"?

http://www.amiatwat.com

Please welcome a new kind of Mod
Sarc
 
Posts: 1934
Joined: 25th Apr 07, 22:27
Location: Brighton

Postby Mrs Sarc » 23rd Nov 08, 16:51

Sarc wrote:
Mrs Sarc wrote:
Sarc wrote:
Ean wrote:Message sent.

You were serious, right!? Image


oh..................fuck. :shock:


doooooo iiiiiiiiiiitttt! I have my camera charging as i type :D


Oi you, who said you could come into my domain and play.

Honestly I bugger off for two weeks and you can't keep out of trouble can you


:D just letting all know that when you have to show your arse ( as we know you're not a deal welcher), I will be there camera in hand ready to share the joy with those who cannot be there in person!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

ps noted you came to the board first rather than my inbox good job i know you only too well!
Glutton For Punishment
Mrs Sarc
 
Posts: 12
Joined: 2nd Sep 08, 17:58

PreviousNext

Return to The Cloakroom

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests