Glasgow Gig

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter
Forum rules
Divvn't be a twat

Glasgow Gig

Postby EvilElvis » 3rd Dec 08, 14:52

Solid before hand?

Oh and rumours abounding of a certain band doing something in George Sq tomorrow afternoon....


According to Rock Radio
EvilElvis
 
Posts: 190
Joined: 19th Feb 06, 13:42
Location: Halfway Up The Downs

Re: Glasgow Gig

Postby godofhaircare » 3rd Dec 08, 14:58

EvilElvis wrote:Solid before hand?

Oh and rumours abounding of a certain band doing something in George Sq tomorrow afternoon....


According to Rock Radio


Whats this dude? Am I going to have to skip work tomo and hang around in George Square all day?

Probably have a couple in the solid, but me and my mate were thinking about going to McCools for a few beforehand, only a suggestion though
godofhaircare
 
Posts: 217
Joined: 15th Feb 06, 12:41
Location: Glasgow

Re: Glasgow Gig

Postby EvilElvis » 3rd Dec 08, 17:16

godofhaircare wrote:
EvilElvis wrote:Solid before hand?

Oh and rumours abounding of a certain band doing something in George Sq tomorrow afternoon....


According to Rock Radio


Whats this dude? Am I going to have to skip work tomo and hang around in George Square all day?

Probably have a couple in the solid, but me and my mate were thinking about going to McCools for a few beforehand, only a suggestion though


One of the girls on another forum I am on informed me of the Rock Radio plans. WIll send out a few emails to see what the story is.


Think I'll take a taxi from Solid to Barras - Gonna be baltic tomorrow apparently
EvilElvis
 
Posts: 190
Joined: 19th Feb 06, 13:42
Location: Halfway Up The Downs

Postby godofhaircare » 3rd Dec 08, 18:38

They are going to be interviewed live from George Square in the Rock Radio caravan at about 1pm tomorrow.

Get down there and see the band
godofhaircare
 
Posts: 217
Joined: 15th Feb 06, 12:41
Location: Glasgow

Postby firedup » 3rd Dec 08, 20:11

anyone know if there will be any tickets left on the door?

Am arriving about 8, not sure whether to risk it...

PS. Staying in George sq, is this far from barrowlands?
firedup
 
Posts: 170
Joined: 27th Mar 06, 10:50
Location: Nottingham

Postby godofhaircare » 3rd Dec 08, 21:21

I think there are some tickets left.

You could always try tickets scotland first, they are under Central Station railway bridge on Argyle street.

George Square is probably bout a 10-15 minute walk to the Barra's away.

I'll be in McCools pub on High Street most likely, so if you spot that come in and find me.

I'll be wearing a 15th anniversay t-shirt and i've got big flames tattooed up my arm.

Hope you make it to the gig
godofhaircare
 
Posts: 217
Joined: 15th Feb 06, 12:41
Location: Glasgow

Postby EvilElvis » 3rd Dec 08, 21:39

godofhaircare wrote:I'll be in McCools pub on High Street most likely, so if you spot that come in and find me.



I'd go there, but it's a known football supporters bar and I don't happen to support their team. Solid to barras in a cab.


firedup wrote:PS. Staying in George sq, is this far from barrowlands?



You staying in Premier Inn hotel?

I'm staying there and I know a few fellow w/h's fans satying there. If you've got the Friday off, we're going to the Alt nation night at Bamboo
EvilElvis
 
Posts: 190
Joined: 19th Feb 06, 13:42
Location: Halfway Up The Downs

Postby firedup » 4th Dec 08, 16:01

godofhair - will try and make it down early and find u in the pub

evilelvis - am at the premier inn yes, what time u getting in? Haven't got the day off unfortunately but will see how brave I'm feeling!
firedup
 
Posts: 170
Joined: 27th Mar 06, 10:50
Location: Nottingham

Postby godofhaircare » 4th Dec 08, 16:35

Alright

I've spelt the name wrong it should be McChuills.

I wont be there until bout 6ish, having a bit og grub and some beers before wandereing down to the gig
godofhaircare
 
Posts: 217
Joined: 15th Feb 06, 12:41
Location: Glasgow

Postby firedup » 4th Dec 08, 21:19

Godofhaircare - not sure if u got t'internet on ya phone but runnin late will call in the pub before the gig to see if u r still there about 8
firedup
 
Posts: 170
Joined: 27th Mar 06, 10:50
Location: Nottingham

Postby firedup » 4th Dec 08, 23:05

Barrowlands less than half full. A just finished their set, thought they were pretty dam good, full of energy. Might have to dig out their old albums again.

Atmosphere a bit quiet but good acoustics.
firedup
 
Posts: 170
Joined: 27th Mar 06, 10:50
Location: Nottingham

Postby firedup » 4th Dec 08, 23:14

fucking hell the bogs are big.
firedup
 
Posts: 170
Joined: 27th Mar 06, 10:50
Location: Nottingham

Postby Sarc » 4th Dec 08, 23:20

Is this the first time we've had a live minute by minute run down of a gig?
Did you just say "Pig Flute"?

http://www.amiatwat.com

Please welcome a new kind of Mod
Sarc
 
Posts: 1934
Joined: 25th Apr 07, 22:27
Location: Brighton

Postby firedup » 4th Dec 08, 23:25

might be!

There's some weird looking people in here. Still doin soundcheck.
firedup
 
Posts: 170
Joined: 27th Mar 06, 10:50
Location: Nottingham

Postby firedup » 4th Dec 08, 23:28

straight on, no messin. Vanilla radio.
firedup
 
Posts: 170
Joined: 27th Mar 06, 10:50
Location: Nottingham

Next

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 47 guests

cron