Amanda Palmer (yup her again) Electric Ballroom 4th Feb

Off-topic chat. Items cannot be returned without a ticket.

Postby shockingcandy » 3rd Feb 09, 14:17

We are aiming to get there around 4-4:30. Will probably go and join the queue at 6ish though as we are short arses so being at the front is essential!
New Kazooee album 'Wish I Had A Wolf Suit' OUT NOW!
http://www.myspace.com/kazooee
shockingcandy
 
Posts: 362
Joined: 18th Mar 06, 00:23
Location: Nottingham

Postby Trudi » 3rd Feb 09, 18:57

If I do get there I will only be able to drink through a straw...
Trudi
 
Posts: 282
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 14:13
Location: London/Kent

Postby shockingcandy » 3rd Feb 09, 18:58

Trudi wrote:If I do get there I will only be able to drink through a straw...


Ouch! What have you done?
New Kazooee album 'Wish I Had A Wolf Suit' OUT NOW!
http://www.myspace.com/kazooee
shockingcandy
 
Posts: 362
Joined: 18th Mar 06, 00:23
Location: Nottingham

Postby Trudi » 3rd Feb 09, 20:18

Nothing yet! The impacted wisdom tooth is coming out tomorrow afternoon though, so if I do make it to the gig I'll be the one with the face swollen up like a balloon :?
Image
Trudi
 
Posts: 282
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 14:13
Location: London/Kent

Postby shockingcandy » 3rd Feb 09, 20:58

Trudi wrote:Nothing yet! The impacted wisdom tooth is coming out tomorrow afternoon though, so if I do make it to the gig I'll be the one with the face swollen up like a balloon :?


Yikes!
New Kazooee album 'Wish I Had A Wolf Suit' OUT NOW!
http://www.myspace.com/kazooee
shockingcandy
 
Posts: 362
Joined: 18th Mar 06, 00:23
Location: Nottingham

Postby Sarc » 3rd Feb 09, 21:39

Fucking trains cocked up cuz of the snow so I might not be able to go now, pissed off is an understatement.
Did you just say "Pig Flute"?

http://www.amiatwat.com

Please welcome a new kind of Mod
Sarc
 
Posts: 1934
Joined: 25th Apr 07, 22:27
Location: Brighton

Postby shockingcandy » 3rd Feb 09, 21:49

Sarc wrote:Fucking trains cocked up cuz of the snow so I might not be able to go now, pissed off is an understatement.


That sucks! Where you getting the train from? National Rail reckon trains are OK from Nottingham so my fingers are crossed!
New Kazooee album 'Wish I Had A Wolf Suit' OUT NOW!
http://www.myspace.com/kazooee
shockingcandy
 
Posts: 362
Joined: 18th Mar 06, 00:23
Location: Nottingham

Postby Sarc » 3rd Feb 09, 21:54

shockingcandy wrote:
Sarc wrote:Fucking trains cocked up cuz of the snow so I might not be able to go now, pissed off is an understatement.


That sucks! Where you getting the train from? National Rail reckon trains are OK from Nottingham so my fingers are crossed!


I'm in worthing at the moment so have to deal with southernrail.
Did you just say "Pig Flute"?

http://www.amiatwat.com

Please welcome a new kind of Mod
Sarc
 
Posts: 1934
Joined: 25th Apr 07, 22:27
Location: Brighton

Postby Sarc » 4th Feb 09, 10:59

YAY TRAINS ARE RUNNING WOOOOOOO I'LL BE GOING AFTER ALL YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
Did you just say "Pig Flute"?

http://www.amiatwat.com

Please welcome a new kind of Mod
Sarc
 
Posts: 1934
Joined: 25th Apr 07, 22:27
Location: Brighton

Postby shockingcandy » 4th Feb 09, 11:46

Sarc wrote:YAY TRAINS ARE RUNNING WOOOOOOO I'LL BE GOING AFTER ALL YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY


woohoo. c you in the pub
New Kazooee album 'Wish I Had A Wolf Suit' OUT NOW!
http://www.myspace.com/kazooee
shockingcandy
 
Posts: 362
Joined: 18th Mar 06, 00:23
Location: Nottingham

Postby Damian » 5th Feb 09, 12:14

How did it go, guys?
Damian
 
Posts: 1257
Joined: 11th Feb 06, 02:14
Location: Bristol, UK

Postby Trudi » 5th Feb 09, 13:24

Ditto what Damian said! How was it? My op didn't go ahead but the gig was sold out so I couldn't go. Booooo.
Trudi
 
Posts: 282
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 14:13
Location: London/Kent

Postby Sarc » 5th Feb 09, 14:13

It went alright, not as good as the ICA show but better than when I saw her at Brighton eve if she did have Jason webley supporting her.
I got collared by her again, luckily outside the venue this time so no serenades this time.
Ean could probably tell you better than I can, I'm still cringing from talking about drunk people on monkey bars at gigs.

Don't ask.
Did you just say "Pig Flute"?

http://www.amiatwat.com

Please welcome a new kind of Mod
Sarc
 
Posts: 1934
Joined: 25th Apr 07, 22:27
Location: Brighton

Postby shockingcandy » 5th Feb 09, 18:44

It was OK but not a patch on the Custard Factory gig - a bit too much faffing about for me liking but it was the first night of the tour and as Amanda said they didn't want to do the same show as last time. Worth it just to hear her covering Tegan & Sara's Like O'.
New Kazooee album 'Wish I Had A Wolf Suit' OUT NOW!
http://www.myspace.com/kazooee
shockingcandy
 
Posts: 362
Joined: 18th Mar 06, 00:23
Location: Nottingham

Previous

Return to The Cloakroom

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests