New Therapy? Album In March

Off-topic chat. Items cannot be returned without a ticket.

Postby 29xTheJames » 24th Mar 09, 22:37

HMV are dreadful for sending out orders.

The album really keeps getting better. I hope they play most the tracks on the tour.
Being a Wildhearts fan rocks.
29xTheJames
 
Posts: 322
Joined: 19th Feb 07, 23:54
Location: Newcastle, England

Postby Col » 25th Mar 09, 00:00

SteveP wrote:
29xTheJames wrote:Anyone going to the Newcastle gig on May 3rd?


Yes, I'm there, been 5 years since I last saw them! :(

And HMV sent me an email on sunday saying it was on it's way, should have been here today, it had better be here tomorrow!!

Shit the bed, is that how long it was since they supported Wildhearts? I remember very very little of that nite, didn't even see the full Wildhearts set...hic
Col
 
Posts: 1439
Joined: 12th Feb 06, 17:28

Postby cant_drink_you_pretty » 25th Mar 09, 00:04

just listening to the album the now, sounding great!
anyone know if there's any tickets for the glasgow gig left?
cant_drink_you_pretty
 
Posts: 23
Joined: 3rd Feb 09, 17:01

Postby SuperJake » 25th Mar 09, 01:06

I only own Troublegum, which is quite good, might check this out. Not heard much other then that though.
SuperJake
 
Posts: 157
Joined: 7th Mar 06, 23:08

Postby VladDracii » 25th Mar 09, 14:37

SuperJake wrote:I only own Troublegum, which is quite good, might check this out. Not heard much other then that though.


Yeah everyone goes on about tha... but I can't stress enough how much you ought to get Semi-Detatched....by far far far the greatest thing they've ever done....
"...I said Plum!"
VladDracii
 
Posts: 168
Joined: 23rd Apr 08, 19:13
Location: Eastbourne

Postby spoon_of_grimbo » 25th Mar 09, 19:14

"Semi-Detached" is totally their best! although i think "Suicide Pact - You First" and "High Anxiety" are really underrated.
IF THERE'S A SOUND YOU PLAY THAT DOESN'T FIT TODAY,
WHY NOT JUST PLAY THE BASTARD ANYWAY?!
Image
spoon_of_grimbo
 
Posts: 915
Joined: 19th Aug 07, 13:56
Location: Boston, UK (Home) / Coventry, UK (Uni)

Postby SiN1758 » 26th Mar 09, 01:19

spoon_of_grimbo wrote:"Semi-Detached" is totally their best! although i think "Suicide Pact - You First" and "High Anxiety" are really underrated.


High Anxiety is a truly awesome album - by far and away my fave - even moreso than Troublegum (and Troublegum is one of the first truly ROCK albums I ever owned). Infernal Love is cool - but only if you're in a bad / twisted (delete as applicable) mood.
SiN1758
 
Posts: 171
Joined: 18th Apr 07, 14:38
Location: Herts

Postby Jason_scorching_past » 26th Mar 09, 01:26

I think Therapy?'s best track is Lonely Crying Only (can't remember the album) really a great song.

Leave a message or leave me alone.
Jason_scorching_past
 
Posts: 263
Joined: 20th Jul 08, 20:50

Postby wildsam6o » 26th Mar 09, 12:55

its bloody good aint it :)
wildsam6o
 
Posts: 382
Joined: 5th Feb 08, 19:14
Location: midlands

Postby 29xTheJames » 26th Mar 09, 14:19

Nurse is another fine album btw.

Got my tickets for Newcastle show today! Yeay!
Being a Wildhearts fan rocks.
29xTheJames
 
Posts: 322
Joined: 19th Feb 07, 23:54
Location: Newcastle, England

Postby markE » 26th Mar 09, 14:30

when my wife was doing her nurse training at Ashford hospital, a nurse across the corridor was alleged to be the inspirational nurse from "nurse". don't know if it was true or not but..
why do i have to ignore you to get your attention?
markE
 
Posts: 764
Joined: 18th May 06, 13:53

Postby Piedude » 26th Mar 09, 15:53

Semi-Detatched is my favorite, catchy songs and a great sense of mood...just waiting for HMV to have the new one in stock whenever I'm in there...
Piedude
 
Posts: 360
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 14:58
Location: Swansea

Postby VladDracii » 30th Mar 09, 14:52

Got it day it came out in HMV Brighton...only copy there...dunno if they accurately accounted for sales of it'd been swiped by Brightonfolk...

The title track I must admit is fucking amazing....it's a great album but as Cairns said 'Rhythm rather than melody' and Oh God was he right.....
"...I said Plum!"
VladDracii
 
Posts: 168
Joined: 23rd Apr 08, 19:13
Location: Eastbourne

Postby spoon_of_grimbo » 6th Apr 09, 15:14

got my copy in the post from amazon today, within a week of ordering (which isn't too bad, considering it was free delivery).

i find myself enjoying the less heavy tracks more than the straight up rockers so far, but it's all pretty damn impressive. their best since high anxiety i reckon (not that the last two weren't great, mind!). i'm really liking "magic mountain" - more than a bit of post-rock influence there, good to see they're widening their range of sounds and influences even more!

not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but the video for the title track is online now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtP4-dJak8Y
IF THERE'S A SOUND YOU PLAY THAT DOESN'T FIT TODAY,
WHY NOT JUST PLAY THE BASTARD ANYWAY?!
Image
spoon_of_grimbo
 
Posts: 915
Joined: 19th Aug 07, 13:56
Location: Boston, UK (Home) / Coventry, UK (Uni)

Postby davejnick » 6th Apr 09, 21:39

Not had a chance to listen to it as much as I'd have liked to yet, but I'm liking what I've heard so far.
How dare you!
davejnick
 
Posts: 527
Joined: 6th Mar 06, 23:14
Location: The Steel City

PreviousNext

Return to The Cloakroom

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests