Kerrang! Shit?,

Off-topic chat. Items cannot be returned without a ticket.

Postby fluffygrue » 22nd Jul 06, 14:06

Mm, I used to buy MH and Kerrang! religiously, and then I gave up in '98 ish.

Seems to me that MH has gone super-metal-metal and ignores the more mainstream rock stuff, and Kerrang! has gone very indie-lame and also ignores the mainstream rock stuff.

Sucks. It all went downhill when Raw magazine went indie, I think. And don't even get me started on MTV/etc these days. :/
fluffygrue
 
Posts: 528
Joined: 23rd Feb 06, 15:47
Location: Manchester, UK

Postby Keith Richard » 26th Jul 06, 04:22

I remember vividly calling in at the news agent near work to buy the #1 issue of Kerrang. Was hooked from that point onwards. I loved that mag soooo much during the peak of the LA glam / metal scene. Without Kerrang, I would never have gotten into the Wildhearts (or at least as soon as I did). I even had a subscription over here in U.S. during the early part of the decade, but I became more and more deflated and dejected by the, once great, mag's content. I blame half of it on the ageing process...the rest is just bullshit!

Cheers, Keith.
"Some Days Just Fucking Suck"
Keith Richard
 
Posts: 746
Joined: 13th Feb 06, 18:44
Location: Singapore

Postby Rock Bastard » 27th Jul 06, 16:10

Kerrang??? In my opinion it's more like Kerrap! Not the most amazing play on words, but you get what I mean! ( I hope!) :D
Rock Bastard
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 13th Feb 06, 14:43
Location: Surrey

Previous

Return to The Cloakroom

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 39 guests