Clam Abuse

Off-topic chat. Items cannot be returned without a ticket.

Clam Abuse

Postby Andy_Must_Be_Destroyed » 31st Jul 06, 23:53

I really didn't know where to put this. So I just put it here.

Anyway, I can't believe how under-rated Clam Abuse are. That album is totally awesome!

Favourite tracks?
Andy_Must_Be_Destroyed
 
Posts: 10
Joined: 25th Jul 06, 00:14

Postby Damian » 1st Aug 06, 00:20

I found my copy in a bargain bin at Paddington Station - I seem to recall Ginger saying he was proud of the fact that someone (not me) had told him they found a copy in one.

Still £7 even as a bargain, mind.

Their mauling of "I Think I Love You" is my favourite...
Damian
 
Posts: 1257
Joined: 11th Feb 06, 02:14
Location: Bristol, UK

Postby markE » 1st Aug 06, 11:14

oh great now I've got "a message to geri" stuck in my head and I can't listen to it coz I'm at work. did any one see clam abuse live? :x did they actually get round to playing any songs or was it just arsing about?
why do i have to ignore you to get your attention?
markE
 
Posts: 764
Joined: 18th May 06, 13:53

Postby Andy_Must_Be_Destroyed » 1st Aug 06, 11:29

I didn't see them live, but apprently it was just them two with a backing tape. The tape wasn't just the album though, they'd recorded it all again with like, improvised jams at the beginnings and stuff like that, to make it sound more natural I think.
Andy_Must_Be_Destroyed
 
Posts: 10
Joined: 25th Jul 06, 00:14

Postby godofhaircare » 1st Aug 06, 14:28

I saw them live in the G2 in Glasgow years and years ago. Weird gig as they did it entirely in character, with the face paint, american accents and everything.

I seem to recall that ginger got annoyed at someone in the crowd who kept pulling on the mic stand and threw his guitar at them but hit the wrong person. He did make an apology on the then silverginger.co.uk site.

Got the T-Shirt too, "Nevermind the scallops, Here's Clam Abuse", never wear it cause its a minging green colour.

I think a follow-up album is well overdue.......
godofhaircare
 
Posts: 217
Joined: 15th Feb 06, 12:41
Location: Glasgow

Postby kris » 1st Aug 06, 22:39

I saw them live at Dudley J.B's

Top gig,was next to empty though!

I got one of those never mind the scallops t-shirts too lol.
kris
 
Posts: 178
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 19:25
Location: derbyshire

Postby nig1012 » 1st Aug 06, 23:23

yeah kris we were at jb`s that nite i can still remember it must have been about 80 degrees in there we also saw them at BAND ON THE WALL in manchester and ginger woz pissed but it woz one of the most entertaining, carefree and relaxed gigs i`ve ever seen him do. does anybody know wot the fall out between ginge and alex kane woz caused by i heard a woman woz involved
nig1012
 
Posts: 877
Joined: 30th Mar 06, 19:16
Location: crewe

Postby blackdeathcrew » 2nd Aug 06, 14:19

I saw them in Cheltenham :D

Was a fun gig, although was hardly a sell out. Got my clam abuse cd signed that night too 8)
blackdeathcrew
 
Posts: 578
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 13:30
Location: Worcestershire

Postby kris » 2nd Aug 06, 21:05

nig1012 wrote:yeah kris we were at jb`s that nite i can still remember it must have been about 80 degrees in there we also saw them at BAND ON THE WALL in manchester and ginger woz pissed but it woz one of the most entertaining, carefree and relaxed gigs i`ve ever seen him do. does anybody know wot the fall out between ginge and alex kane woz caused by i heard a woman woz involved


I got thrown the mic that night and sang one of the songs with a stranger,The wonders of Alcahol :lol:
kris
 
Posts: 178
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 19:25
Location: derbyshire

Postby EvilElvis » 5th Aug 06, 10:21

godofhaircare wrote:I saw them live in the G2 in Glasgow years and years ago. Weird gig as they did it entirely in character, with the face paint, american accents and everything.

I seem to recall that ginger got annoyed at someone in the crowd who kept pulling on the mic stand and threw his guitar at them but hit the wrong person. He did make an apology on the then silverginger.co.uk site.

Got the T-Shirt too, "Nevermind the scallops, Here's Clam Abuse", never wear it cause its a minging green colour.

I think a follow-up album is well overdue.......


I was there too!

Quite surreal, every expecting rock and then the drum loops started.

The guy who tried to steal Ginger's microphone also tried to start a mosh pit.


I spoke to Alex Kane about a CLam Abuse follow up, his reply was "It'll hapen when Hell freezes over".

Now he and Ginger have had a fall out, I can't see it ever being done.
EvilElvis
 
Posts: 190
Joined: 19th Feb 06, 13:42
Location: Halfway Up The Downs


Return to The Cloakroom

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests

cron